Do you believe MACNA is damaging its own reputation?

Reef.ductionist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
326
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have learned that the folks who have the show tanked are becoming regular mainstays at MACNA events now... I am confused, what sre YOUR thoughts? Do you think this is good or not good?
 
Last edited:
I mean, they're aquarium builders so they can show up. Do I think half the things they do are completely stupid? Yes but that doesnt mean they cant go there. Also it brings a great deal of attention to the conference and that helps the hobby a bit.
 
How would they ruin MACNA's reputation? What is there reputation now? I mean MACNA is a aquarium conference that brings a group of vendors together creating extrememly harsh and unnecessary conditions on the animals at the exibit..... Such the same or relatively as tanked. Seems to me they go hand In hand.

For the record, the above is from the realist perspective. I attend and thoroughly enjoy MACNA events and the like. Was at reefapalooza and had a good time just yesterday.

Tanked ruining MACNA??? I'd ask from what perspective? I dont any but the hobbyist perspective of bot liking their husbandry on TV. I'll count myself one of them. But honestly MACNA has to find itself somewhere in that arena or your just speaking out only on the aspect that it's outside your livingroom so to speak.

My .2¢
 
MACNA isn't responsible for the actions of every individual that shows up to its events just like forums aren't responsible for the actions of every individual poster. I don't think their presence at an event reflects on MACNA at all regardless of how you may feel about them or their show.
 
Their presence certainly drives more visitors to the show. Last year in Miami their booth was constantly filled, and the 'event' they held with AI resulted in many smiles on many faces. Win, win IMO.
 
No, they are fine being there. Their business was aquariums before TV. I myself am not a fan of their show or their aquariums (which seem to recently have a trend of either busting or ending up on craigslist) but I don't mind them being at an aquarium conference/convention.
 
The back and forth mindless banter between them is annoying to me. I'm not a fan of dumb. I'm sure there's a lot of things that happen off camera that obviously isn't shown. I would HOPE that they consult with their customers on how to take care of the tank and inhabitants. I would imagine they have to in order to maintain their reputation, whatever it may be.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top