Do you color coordinate your SPS in your reef?

He is a couple examples of my last reef.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409462415.535974.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409462425.831366.jpg
 
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409495216.838703.jpg


My first tank I put corals anywhere but now in the new tank I def attempt to use the color wheel to try to make colors pop off each other.
Easer said then done :)
 
As stated a natural reef look is what I aim for so in my opinion the shapes & sizes are as important to the "coralscape" as color. Also having various shades of the colors gives a more subtle natural looking reef and helps you avoid the 'fruit stand' look. Not everyone's cup of tea but just my opinion.
Here are a couple of examples of my "coralscape" concept from my past couple of tanks.

june11016frontcenter.jpg



IMG_0035sideview1211.jpg


oct0809039misc33333.jpg


aug2629156misc1.jpg


aug5018misc4.jpg


JUNE1008047reflection411.jpg
 
As stated a natural reef look is what I aim for so in my opinion the shapes & sizes are as important to the "coralscape" as color. Also having various shades of the colors gives a more subtle natural looking reef and helps you avoid the 'fruit stand' look. Not everyone's cup of tea but just my opinion.
Here are a couple of examples of my "coralscape" concept from my past couple of tanks.

june11016frontcenter.jpg



IMG_0035sideview1211.jpg


oct0809039misc33333.jpg


aug2629156misc1.jpg


aug5018misc4.jpg


JUNE1008047reflection411.jpg

This what I'm shooting for. Just with more millis and smooth skin acros.

A couple of the bigger colonies in my tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409543236.237044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409543251.986030.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409543265.178599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409543313.809126.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409543349.055352.jpg
 
How could you possibly color coordinate this one???

rp.jpg

I could be wrong but I would be surprized if it stayed that same mix of colors once it matures and grows out. One of the cool things about frags is they can be all over the place before they settle in.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top