Does DOS have to be plugged into an apex power bar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,141
Reaction score
3,367
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex jr with an extra EB8 power bar, but don’t have a free outlet for a DOS, which I’m thinking about buying. The plug looks pretty big too from the pics. If I connect the DOS with an Aquabus cable to the apex system (I have room to add another module), can I plug it in to a regular power bar (I have one with plenty of room in the electrical stand by my tank).
 
Nope, regular outlet is fine.

"Plug one end of the included AquaBus cable into either of the AquaBus ports on the DŌS and the other end into an available AquaBus port anywhere on your existing Apex system. It makes no difference which AquaBus port is used and you do not need to power down the system when connecting AquaBus accessories as the system is plug-and-play. Then connect the power supply. There is no need to use an energy bar outlet – a wall outlet will suffice if available."
 
The ju
Nope, regular outlet is fine.

"Plug one end of the included AquaBus cable into either of the AquaBus ports on the DŌS and the other end into an available AquaBus port anywhere on your existing Apex system. It makes no difference which AquaBus port is used and you do not need to power down the system when connecting AquaBus accessories as the system is plug-and-play. Then connect the power supply. There is no need to use an energy bar outlet – a wall outlet will suffice if available."

thanks!!
 
Yep, you are wasting an outlet doing so. Just plug into a regular surge protector.
 
Yep, you are wasting an outlet doing so. Just plug into a regular surge protector.
That’s really good news. It’s the last piece of equipment I’ll need for a while so I have just enough plugs.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top