Does the size of a QT matter for larger fish?

sexyvampireqt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
40
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 10g QT tank, and i was just wondering if that was big enough to keep baby fish that grow ~fairly~ big. (a Regal Angel)

Wanting to QT a Regal Angel in it for a couple of weeks, but i'm not sure if that size QT will stress the fish out/kill it (it's a bubba)

Thoughts?

And on the topic of Regal Angels, would a 105g tank be large enough to house one?

All extremely dumb questions, i know.
 
Last edited:
IMHO, a 10g tank is no place for a large fish except as a treatment tank for a very short period of time, as in an hour or less.

I wouldn't keep a large Angel in a 105g tank long term either. I have a 90g (36x30x20) and I'd never consider a big fish like that in my tank.

But that's just my opinion.
 
If the fish itself is very small, I think you'd be fine. But larger than 1.5" is probably quite stressful on active swimmers.

If memory serves most tangs are recommended 125g min, with many being more like 225g. So 105g seems a bit small..
 
Safe size is the 20 =Long as it offers length and volume as well as easy access when time to remove fish to display
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top