Does this toadstool look like it’s on the way out?

Mycoolhamm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
79
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my favorite corals. It just stopped opening about half way through quarantine. Then I transferred it to main tank after dipping. Flesh looks like it’s changing colors. Is it dying? Tips for bring it back?

9DF01154-01D0-4023-AEAE-23A5CF73747A.jpeg 1B401B1F-4870-4C97-AE12-1F2BA0AA2365.jpeg 239D7181-A204-487F-BBB6-042F3648EA8B.jpeg
 
I agree that the stress of dipping may have prompted it to shed. Hopefully that's the case. As for what to do now, I'd just leave it alone. No use stressing it any more. It'll either make it or it won't all on its own.
 
Coral Rx. It looked bad and was closed before I dipped. That was an attempt to bring it back
 
For ill coral its best to use something like revive or an iodine dip.
For now can you move him or aim some flow at him?
 
They shrink up from time to time. Also leathers shed and usually are bigger after a shed. During a shed you may see a shinny film on them and may see prices of fill coming off. This is just part of the shedding process
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top