Does Tidal 75 need to have the intake tube on?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sdnapo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

sdnapo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a simple 20 gallon long reef tank with the Tidal 75 but the intake tube is too long. Can i turn the intake regulation dial fully closed and use it that way ? Although not ideal but there are slits on the bottom so it shouldnt just be sucking from the surface.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Probably. You could always shorten the tube?
Its a 2 piece telescoping thats slightly wider on one end than the other. I feel like cutting it would mess up how they fit together
 
I am setting up a simple 20 gallon long reef tank with the Tidal 75 but the intake tube is too long. Can i turn the intake regulation dial fully closed and use it that way ? Although not ideal but there are slits on the bottom so it shouldnt just be sucking from the surface.

image.jpg image.jpg
Yes, just take it off.
You can either leave the intake valve open or closed depending on whether you just want surface skimming.

If left open with small fish/shrimp, I'd put some filter wool over the intake with a rubber band
 
Yes, just take it off.
You can either leave the intake valve open or closed depending on whether you just want surface skimming.

If left open with small fish/shrimp, I'd put some filter wool over the intake with a rubber band
Most of the water enters from the top strainer anyway regardless of how you set up the intake valve. I use two 110s on my 75 planted fresh water tank. They work great but you need to make sure you keep the water level up or it'll wake the dead when it starts to cavitate. I've ran mine for two years and haven't yet needed clean them. I'm running just matrix in them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top