Doostur's Waterbox 230.6 - Mixed Reef Build

Playing around with the Polylab v2 filter this morning.

20191214_085143.jpg
 
MP40 on its way to @TheOne The other MP40 is sold to @diaz2010 - Both have been sold.

People ask me what I feed my fish. Well the trick is to give them a little of this and that... :D

Put everything in a little RO. Wait for it to thaw. Then strain all that additive phosphate junk. Then add to a bowl of RO with a splash of garlic and reef roids!

20191201_193952.jpg
What do you mean you strain the additive phosphate junk? After you strain you just put the core of all the food left in a new bowl of RO when you do the reef roids and garlic?
 
What do you mean you strain the additive phosphate junk? After you strain you just put the core of all the food left in a new bowl of RO when you do the reef roids and garlic?

- Put all food in RO bowl. Let it thaw.
- Strain it. Put the strained food in new RO bowl.
- Add some reef roids and garlic. Mix. Bon appétit.
 
I feed alot. I'll back down when the fishies settle in. I make sure they are healthy to combat any diseases during start of new tanks. Right now... meaty food and nori at 9 am and 7pm. I have 2 Auto feeders thar drop flakes and pellets at 1230 and 4. But just a small amount.
 
I tried to go topless. You will lose fish to jumping. I lost three and decided that was enough. I had a custom built lid made by toplids. It looks like they aren't around anymore though. It was pricey but so were the fish I lost. Not to mention the time I spent quarantining them.

20191125_163532.jpg 2018-08-18_19-26-21_003.jpg
 
I tried to go topless. You will lose fish to jumping. I lost three and decided that was enough. I had a custom built lid made by toplids. It looks like they aren't around anymore though. It was pricey but so were the fish I lost.

20191125_163532.jpg

Very nice. I thought about it. I think I was up to almost $400.

I went to home depot and got some white egg crate lol. $30 bucks and my apex feeders can drop right through it. I only put them on at night. Fishies get nutty at night or some reason.

 
Very nice. I thought about it. I think I was up to almost $400.

I went to home depot and got some white egg crate lol. $30 bucks and my apex feeders can drop right through it.


Yeah I spent close to $500 on it. They cut it to the exact dimensions I gave them. I had it made in three pieces so it's easier to move around when I need to get into the tank and also for cleaning the salt creep. I had a beautiful McCosker's Flasher Wrasse that I spent alot of time putting thru quarantine and medicating and was very healthy once I added it to my tank. I was devastated when I woke up and found it in the floor. That was the end of my topless days.

Yes, egg crate works great. I use it on my qt tank (40 breeder).
 
Last edited:
Yeah I spent close to $500 on it. They cut it to the exact dimensions I gave them. I had it made in three pieces so it's easier to move around when I need to get into the tank and also for cleaning the salt creep. I had a beautiful McCosker's Flasher Wrasse that I spent alot of time putting thru quarantine and medicating and was very healthy once I added it to my tank. I was devastated when I woke up and found it in the floor. That was the end of my topless days.

Yes, egg crate works great. I use it on my qt tank (40 breeder).

Ya I csnt justify $500 right now lol. Sucks on the flasher. Looks like you hang your lights. I have my lights mounted with arms. Knowing my luck, ecotech would release the G5 and require different mounts. Then I'd be screwed with that cover.
 
Plan to install these UPS systems. Each one will host an MP60 and MP40. I measured 48.5 watts at my max from 9 am to 3pm. That is good for 180 minutes of run time... 3 hours of water movement each side. Not bad. If power outage happens at night... I can expect double or even triple that amount of time.

The light pull too many watts. So cant do much there. Tank can live a while without lights. I have a generator in the garage just in case.

Didnt feel like trying to figure out the apex/ecotech battery back up combo. May still plug my UPS systems into my energy bar if I have spare slots for power consumption.

20191217_102557.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top