Dosed vibrant for saltwater in my reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Klyle

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
819
Reaction score
404
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought Vibrant for saltwater from my lfs guy earlier and dosed my reef not realizing there's actually a reef version! We discussed my reef and the Vibrant so I assumed it was what I needed. Are my corals or inverts in any danger???
 
Vibrant is a very mysterious substance. If you check reviews on Amazon, there's people claiming it saved their tank from ruin from algae infestations and those who claimed that it not only killed corals but even fish! However, I use it and have not seen harm other than to destroy the beneficial algae in refugiums. And as a vote of confidence....the guys from Unique corals I believe use it in their system.
 
My question is the difference between the saltwater only and reef formulas. Hopefully it doesn't kill my corals or inverts. Thankfully the tank isnt too stocked up at the moment.
 
My question is the difference between the saltwater only and reef formulas. Hopefully it doesn't kill my corals or inverts. Thankfully the tank isnt too stocked up at the moment.

They are fairly secretive about it (perhaps not fully understanding the product themselves), but the product seems to be a type or mix of bacteria. I have no information on suitability of different versions for different uses, or whether there even is a difference.
 
Im about 50 pages deep in the 300+ page vibrant thread...the company says the only difference is saltwater is less than twice the strength of reef. People have way overdosed this stuff with no immediate ill effects. I'm thinking with only having dosed once anyways, I will be ok. 24 hours so far and everyone looks well. My water was crystal clear this morning.
 
Im about 50 pages deep in the 300+ page vibrant thread...the company says the only difference is saltwater is less than twice the strength of reef. People have way overdosed this stuff with no immediate ill effects. I'm thinking with only having dosed once anyways, I will be ok. 24 hours so far and everyone looks well. My water was crystal clear this morning.

I bought "Saltwater" without knowing there was a "Coral" version. Regardless, I have great success of using it to get rid of most GHA from my 20gallon mixed coral tank. Most likely I could be wrong, I thought I read a post saying that the "Saltwater" version is stronger than the "Coral". That's opposite to your finding. If you can point me to the article (post), much appreciated.

2020-05-23 16.55.55.jpg
 
Last edited:
I said saltwater is less than twice the strength of reef meaning saltwater is stronger...probably could have worded differently haha. Everything I read is from the r2r vibrant thread...many pages! I think assuming reef is 75% strength of the saltwater would be a safe guesstimate. Maybe.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top