Dosing 2 out of 3 Balling bottles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jarzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jarzy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
51
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 4 months old. I've recently started 10% water changes. Recently because I had really bad cyano and didn't want to feed it. Anyways, KH is 6 and Ca is 330. Is it a good idea to dose both od them from single solution bottles? Bottle 1: baking soda, bottle 2: pure CaCl2.
 
My tank is about 4 months old. I've recently started 10% water changes. Recently because I had really bad cyano and didn't want to feed it. Anyways, KH is 6 and Ca is 330. Is it a good idea to dose both od them from single solution bottles? Bottle 1: baking soda, bottle 2: pure CaCl2.
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Normally there are 3 bottles for true balling method dosing.

Alk, Ca, and Mineral salt.

If you skip the Mineral salt you will end up with an excess of sodium and chloride compared to natural seawater.

If you are doing frequent water changes it won't matter too much in the short to medium term, but ultimately you will need to do a large water change to rebalance the chemistry.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top