- Joined
- Nov 12, 2022
- Messages
- 221
- Reaction score
- 175
- Location
- PDX
- What state or country do you live in
- Oregon
I've read through a few threads about dosing ammonia, bottled bacteria, and ocean live rock. I can't come to a good conclusion.
I started a 110 gallon tank, got most everything programmed and operating. I put fresh saltwater in May 28th and it's just been circulating. Only thing in the tank are the wavemakers and some fresh Marco foundation rock.
I ordered some KP Aquatics live rock and haven't setup a delivery date yet. It'll be air freight in water, so hopefully die off won't be too bad. I have ceramic media in my 22g that I plan to move over half on the day the rock arrives. I have ammonium chloride for cycling my QT tank and 2 oz of Fritz 900 leftover. Would it be of any benefit to start dosing it in the DT? Or should I just wait for the LR to arrive? I could setup automatic dosing of ammonium chloride.
I started a 110 gallon tank, got most everything programmed and operating. I put fresh saltwater in May 28th and it's just been circulating. Only thing in the tank are the wavemakers and some fresh Marco foundation rock.
I ordered some KP Aquatics live rock and haven't setup a delivery date yet. It'll be air freight in water, so hopefully die off won't be too bad. I have ceramic media in my 22g that I plan to move over half on the day the rock arrives. I have ammonium chloride for cycling my QT tank and 2 oz of Fritz 900 leftover. Would it be of any benefit to start dosing it in the DT? Or should I just wait for the LR to arrive? I could setup automatic dosing of ammonium chloride.

