Dosing like a baller, Plum xl3 infusion pump

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
1,572
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9d377856f0b3ec2fcd39069996132b66.jpg
There was another thread about best dosing pumps that seemed to bore into a discussion about the plum xl3 infusion pump. Just got one and had some questions and wanted to start a new thread.
Got mine from eBay from a seller that said he tested you're quipment before sending. When I got mine I played around in the First Bank and thought I had to set Prime properly but kept getting error message. Played around with this nd that let it syphon through the line for a while. Kept tapping bubbles out. Finally walked away came back still had problems. Put the cassette in the middle bank and had no problems. Pumped like a champ. Let it run for a while no problems. Went back to bank A to see if maybe there bubbles cleared and got the occlusion error message again. Decided to try Banks C and got the same error messages. My question is, are some banks just more sensitive than others. Or did this being a technical problem that I need to exchange the pump.
 
Last edited:
Well, played around with no success. I asked the seller if there was someplace I can get it serviced (at my expense) but he was a little upset because according to him, us "aquarium people" are the only ones that have issues with his pumps. He offered a refund and I offered to send the pump back but he didn't want it back so I've been using the one working bank.
I found another seller on eBay that was closer to me but their price was a little higher. I offered $100 and they accepted. They also had free shipping. I figured I can't possibly get two bad ones in a row.
I was wrong.
This one was in worst shape than the first and wasn't in any better working order. This seller listed it as " from working environment" , which is short for "as is". That was fine, it was worth the gamble, imo.
Started checking around on the Google and found a company that would service and/or repair with a free estimate. It cost about $20 to send it to Ohio, and they came back with, what I thought to be, a reasonable estimate.
I ones the work and hopefully will get it this week.
I really like the way these pumps work over the standard dosing pumps. I have a drews doser I am dosing nopox with, but want something a little more consistent and easier to program.
 
Got my pump back last week from shop. Wasn't able to set up because of redoing tank after a leak. Got the tank up over the w/e and was able to set up pump for dosing today.
539b5c7f21dfc121220888fe3446254a.jpg

Looks good, running right. Glad I took the plunge now.
 
hey there, considering getting this over standard hobby doser.. any issues now after few months? I used one of these years ago for an old reeftank I ran and I had issues with tube occlusion- thing would alarm all the time. I was pumping kalwasser and I think it was just precipitating in the tube causing resistance-- run into that at all with your calc/ alk? I was planning calc/alk/NoPox also..

thanks
brad
 
Mine was good for about 3 or 4 months. As soon as warm weather hit I started having the occlusion and the air in line errors. I was mixing my red sea a and b. I don't know's if that had something to do with it. others have said tjey had good luck using Bionic premix solutions.

It definitely had the cool factor but not after losing a thousand dollars worth of corals. I switched to the DOS and haven't looked back.
 
Last edited:
No problem. If you decide to go this route and haven't sourcef some out, Let me know. I would be glad to send you one of these. I sent them to a medical equipment place in Ohio and had them refurbished.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top