Dre’s Just Fine Reef Tank

u plannin on upgrading anytime soon
Thanks! I really want to upgrade to a bigger tank. I’m in a second floor apartment right now and figure could go to a 20aio pretty easily. But after getting started I’d like to go with a sumped tank maybe 40g which would be too big for my apartment.
 
Sinularia relocation
4273ECB2-D3A3-485B-9266-B9260CDE7483.jpeg
 
Beautiful tank! I would separate the bubble and hammer.
Thank you! Yeah that’s a good idea I’ve been seeing the hammer sending tentacles out trying to sting the bubble
 
Thank you! Yeah that’s a good idea I’ve been seeing the hammer sending tentacles out trying to sting the bubble
Yes. Bubbles can send out 6” sweepers and can be quite nasty. One of my favorite corals.
 
Found a good deal on a bunch of gear… upgraded from a 10g Im nuvo to 20g Im nuvo… soooo happy with the turn out and stoked to give things some breathing room.


E0DD3F30-62FE-46CD-9CD3-257EDAB25598.jpeg
Love your tanks. Any updates a year later?
 
Love your tanks. Any updates a year later?
Thanks a lot! Yeah it’s been going well! I’ll attach a few pictures here.
IMG_1230.jpeg

Been dealing with some cyano lately. Nothing crazy but I’ve been removing it weekly and working on balancing my nutrient levels. I had a brief bout of Dino’s ostreopsis after my nutrient levels zeroed out, then the cyano came.

IMG_1163.jpeg

My bubble coral unfortunately died. It was doing fine after the tank swap and maybe 30 days later it started to kinda just melt away. I tried to move it and change the flow but it was doomed. Rip green bubble.

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg



IMG_1093.jpeg

Super stoked when this favia started splitting and making new mouths. It’s been a slow grower but has been making some moves lately!
IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg


IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

I got this acan with about 6 heads and now it’s over 30. It’s actually been crazy how fast it’s grown.
IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg




IMG_1339.jpeg


IMG_1329.jpeg

My clown fish had a near death bacterial infection awhile back but has been kicking strong as hell since. She’s a bit of a bully. I’ve got a purple firefish and possum wrasse with it now.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0932.jpeg
    IMG_0932.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 54
Turned my pico frag tank into a pico reef. Freed up my sicce voyager nano power head. Put it in the dt to increase the flow behind the rocks.

 
Been having fun lately with the porthole my gf bought for me recently.

Been having fun lately with the porthole my gf bought for me recently.

I love hammers but the 2 i have will not extend like yours. I've moved them trying more flow then less flow but they don't seem to be happy. What is your secret?
 
I love hammers but the 2 i have will not extend like yours. I've moved them trying more flow then less flow but they don't seem to be happy. What is your secret?
Nothing special really. It’s been in high flow and low flow, high light and low light. Right now it’s in a low flow lower light area for the last three months and it is doing great there.

Water parameters for ref

8.0dkh
5-10ppm nitrates
.02-.08 phos (working on balancing this)
420ca
1325 mag
1.026
Running two primes about 10inches above the water.
 
Nothing special really. It’s been in high flow and low flow, high light and low light. Right now it’s in a low flow lower light area for the last three months and it is doing great there.

Water parameters for ref

8.0dkh
5-10ppm nitrates
.02-.08 phos (working on balancing this)
420ca
1325 mag
1.026
Running two primes about 10inches above the water.
What intensity you runnin? Any white spectrum?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top