Drilling 30 gal tank plumbing questions

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2016
Messages
1,591
Reaction score
852
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am bummed out as I wanted a 90 gal tank but wife won battle and I only have space for 30 gal tank.. So when I drill tank, how many holes do I want for return 1 or 2? Also what size sump for this tank ? Will 10 gal do?
 
Go sump-less.

Instead, add a Tunze Comline® Reefpack 250 and turn it into an "all in one" tank.

That Reefpack is just a little over $200.

It gives you a simmer and filter module in a package that is less obtrusive than most reef ready drain boxes.

The filter module allows you to run any media or floss you'd want. As well, it houses your heater and the float sensor for your ATO. Slick!

csm_0250.000_35be355c41.jpg
 
If you go with a sump, you want to consider what size your drain line will be
 
You will need 2 for drain and 1 return minimum. Research on what your needs are.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top