Eatbreakfast's 80g Rimless Wrasse Heavy Tank

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
14,837
Reaction score
16,244
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a Deep Blue rimless 80g reef ready tank.

Lighting currently is 3x Reef Breeders Value Leds(though am strongly considering getting an ATI 8 bulb t5 fixture).

Return pump is a Waveline DC 6000 with a chiller and 25w UV plumbed into the return.

2x Sicce Voyager 4 for additional water movement.

Skimmer is Reef Octopus, not sure of model.

Salt is Seachem Aqua Vitro Salinity, it had been AquaForest Reef Salt from late December to late April.

Dosing pump is the Eshopps doser and a slave. Currently dosing Red Sea NO-POX, ESV Calcium and Alkalinity, Kent Tech M magnesium, and I just started Two Little Fishes Acropower.

From late December until late April I had been dosing the Aquaforest line, but I quickly developed hair algae and bryopsis, which didn't get remedied until I switched from it, though not completely gone, much better.

Tank has been setup since January of 2015 after a move, though in September my 2 yr old turned off the power strip that had most of the main utilities for the tank, and at the time was a media reactor, which went aerobic, and when everything turned back on messed everything up pretty badly. But it"s been going well since around October of '15.

Current fish stock is
WRASSES
Halichoeres chrysus, yellow coris
H. leucurus, grey-head
H, rubricephalus, red-head
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis, golden rhomboid
C. isoscoles, pintail
Paracheilinus attenuatus
Macropharyngodon meleagris, common leopard
M. ornatus, ornate leopard
M. geoffreyi x2, potters wrasse
A Pseudojuloides species, a type of pencil wrasse
Anampses chrysocephalus, red-tail tamarin

DARTFISH
Zebra dartfish x2
Rubrostigma dartfish x2
Grammica dartfish

ANTHIAS
Parvirostris x2
Evansi

OTHER FISH
Marine betta x2
Yellow assessor

Here is a tank shot from my phone. I wasn"t able to upload a video, will try again for that later. Shots of sections of the tank and inhabitants to come later.

20160530_131106.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow looks excellent! I still wish you would post both scientific and common names so we morons would know what the heck is in there! I am very well versed in wrasse and yet still only know what half of them are offhand! :D
 
Wow looks excellent! I still wish you would post both scientific and common names so we morons would know what the heck is in there! I am very well versed in wrasse and yet still only know what half of them are offhand! :D
Edited w/common names for you.
 
See, I HAVE a grey head super male and had no idea what his scientific name is! :D
 
Beautiful Tj!! Been wondering where your build thread was. Can't wait to see more!
I rarely take pics of my tank, but I want to take more, and having a thread is going to make me do that more often.
 
Wow looks great man. Love the wrasses especially those leopards you have! How long have you had the potters for? Are they eating pellets/frozen yet?
 
Wow looks great man. Love the wrasses especially those leopards you have! How long have you had the potters for? Are they eating pellets/frozen yet?
They are the newest additions, only in the dt for 7 days. Eating all the frozen that I feed. I have an auto feeder that feeds pellets 2x's a day, but I haven't been there to observe if they ate it.
 
Awe man that's great. Definitely getting at least one on my next build. I've keep others with success but haven't tried a potters yet. Hope they get nice and fat for you lol...
 
Awe man that's great. Definitely getting at least one on my next build. I've keep others with success but haven't tried a potters yet. Hope they get nice and fat for you lol...
Thanks, it's my favorite leopard. Keeping my fingers crossed though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top