Time for a long-overdue update. The tank is doing really good at the present time. This past spring we purchased a new motorhome, so as you can imagine that commanded most of my time and money this past summer.
But now its the heart of winter and it's time for the reef. I have been trying to add a few more fish but my Kole tang is an absolute killer. She has killed a Wrasse (who was in the tank before her arrival), a Midas Blenny, and a PJ Cardinal. Anyways, here is an FTS from today.
Corals are starting to get some good growth and the new BattleCorals are settling in. Here are a couple pictures.
The one thing about growing out an SPS only tank from frags it that it takes some time!! Softies and LPS fill it up much faster.
I just recently set up my GHL KH Director and I absolutely love it so far!. Yeah, I also put my money down on a preorder for the ION Director as well. Just take my money GHL!!
So my current equipment list is as follows:
1 GHL Profilux 4
2 GHL Maxi Dosers (one for AWC and one for ATO)
2 GHL 2.1 Dosers
2 GHL Mitra LX7206 LED Lights
1 GHL KH Director
1 Nyos Quantum 160
1 Pax Bellum 18n Algae Reactor
2 Tunze Stream 3 powerheads
1 Varios 6 Return pump
I am thinking of putting in a Gyre as well on the left side of the tank. This should create even more random flow.
Currently, I am using ATI Essentials Pro as my 2 part. Going to startup the ATI Nutrition carbon along with the nitrogen. I have been manually adding No3 when it gets low so putting it on a doser should make this a little more stable. Also, I figure fueling up more bacteria with the carbon should be very beneficial as well. When the No3 bottoms out, my phosphate starts to climb very quickly. Dose the No3 back up to 3-5 ppm and bam, phosphate comes right back down into line. Might play a little bit with adding some bacteria such as Zeobak and MB7. Just to throw some other strains in the mix.
More to come...
Eddie J