Effects of high potassium on tank

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,335
Reaction score
2,455
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got ICP test results back today. Both my tanks have high potassium and low iodine (so I suspect the salt as I use the same salt on both tanks). What is the effect of high potassium? Does it affect fish at all?
 
Most people recommend running potassium around 400 ppm, some people run it higher (up to 500-ish) since it seems to improve coloration of certain SPS. Some of the salts intentionally mix up with higher than 400 ppm for the same reason.
 
Most people recommend running potassium around 400 ppm, some people run it higher (up to 500-ish) since it seems to improve coloration of certain SPS. Some of the salts intentionally mix up with higher than 400 ppm for the same reason.
Mine is in the 500 range. No issues? How about with fish?
 
Ok so now I’m reading a lot about this and I’m using seachem vibrant sea and I have SPS torch, hammers and octospawn is this bad for them!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6253.png
    IMG_6253.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 47

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top