Eheim jager heater won’t turn on

kmarine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
21
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I’m starting a new tank and just filled the tank with saltwater. I put in my eheim heater, let it sit for about 20 minutes and plugged it in. I set it to 77 degrees. It turned on but after a couple minutes it turned off and doesn’t feel warm to the touch. The tank water is cold. What am I doing wrong?
 
Check temp of water with a thermometer not your skin. The temp dial is not exact. Check the temp of your water and adjust the heater temp dial till you have it set to keep the water close to whatever temp your gonna keep it at and forget it. I use an inkbird to control mine, I have the heater set to around 80 degrees but have the inkbird set to turn it off at 79. Just keep fine tuning it till it keeps the water temp within your range.
 
Thanks for the responses all and helping a newbie out. I got it working and temp is currently at 80 degrees.
 
Good WiFi temperature monitor and WAY cheaper than full blown controllers is ReefGuard Temp monitor. Might be worth checking out: https://reefguard.co/
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top