Elegance coral, growth rate?

Yours seems to grow a little differently and propagate differently than others in captivity. I wonder why
 
@Syed123 as new daughters start forming could you update us with pictures?
Sure. Actually I think there is a new bud forming. When I do a water change tomorrow I'll lift the coral to show the budding and skeletal structure. I'm curious if mine is Australian or Indonesian. Maybe some of u guys can indentify it via skeletal structure?
 
I’ve had this one about a year no budding but would love if it did

9302AB7A-E27D-4829-933E-9115E2D87BC5.jpeg
 
I new to the group but my Elegance got attacked by my blue spotted crab,He ate almost everything off of it and it was so BIG.My question is I have one very small piece that is still living and has moved off the rock? i guess it came on and is sitting on the bottom in the substrate do you guys think it will survive?Should I do anything special other than feed it?
 
They don't grow very fast. I had one for about 10 years, until a large foxface rabbitfish decided to eat it. Never produced any daughter colonies. Probably a 4 or 5" skeleton initially, to about dinner plate size in the video.

elegance-1.jpg


 
Sure. Actually I think there is a new bud forming. When I do a water change tomorrow I'll lift the coral to show the budding and skeletal structure. I'm curious if mine is Australian or Indonesian. Maybe some of u guys can indentify it via skeletal structure?
Can you tell me if this is budding?
 

Attachments

  • 7D6834B4-0FD2-4177-B1EB-7AA8F6221AD1.jpeg
    7D6834B4-0FD2-4177-B1EB-7AA8F6221AD1.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 71
MVIMG_20180704_201824.jpg


Here are some pics of the mother colony and the daughter colonies. If you notice on the far left, the smallest one is slightly bleached due to being buried by one of my fish. That is the newest bud.
that buuble coral is crazy
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top