Elegance Coral partially has no zooxanthellae, will it come back?

TonysReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
487
Reaction score
780
Location
Warren, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new elegance yesterday, it was partially closed up when I picked it up so I didn't realize how much pigmentation was lost, otherwise I probably would have passed on it.

My question is will this section of lost zooxanthellae come back eventually? If so how long might it take. Or should I just be trying to get my money back and return the coral. Can't seem to find this specific question addressed anywhere for elegances, which is strange.

Thanks

IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0069.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg
 
I have a giant elegance coral and while I have not lost any zooxanthellae if the coral recovers it will likely recover the pigment in those areas.

That being said that guy looks ***** stressed.
 
Might be hard to see, first pic is when i got my elegance, around october of 2019, notice how the entire right half is completely pale, and 2nd pic was earlier this week and its starting to be green again, its a long slow process but he seems to be gaining it back.

IMG_1930.JPG View album “Recents”.jpg
 
No experience with elegance, but I have restored a bleached acro by feeding it regularly. Without zooxanthellae, the coral requires added nutrition...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top