Emeralds? Anemone might have had a snack...

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
637
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I bought two emeralds and 2 more hermits from the LFS, and got them home.Looking at them, i'm not sure they're emeralds as they aren't as green as the emeralds I used to have. Noticed last night that one of the emeralds was venturing near my BTA and This morning I could only find one Emerald, and my BTA was closed, but "bubbled" up like after it eats.

I think my BTA might have eaten a crab.

Do these look like Emeralds to you guys?
d5c557db5c547b45ca8ddd88462f6a65.jpg
62053591bc4b3187e0ad42a0d4785e97.jpg
693f55173afa8ffd6c5441cbb0526842.jpg
008b4470d0f35ff7fe283ee0cef69328.jpg
153a3cc2cadf23976796900c3438e982.jpg
 
Looks like emerald crabs to me

^^^Emerald crab.


Good to hear, I was just worried about the coloration [or lack of]. - Didn't want to introduce any monsters to my tank!

Ever heard of an anemone eating an emerald? Going to see if it spit out any shell when I get home tonight. My anemone was all closed up, but way larger than normal [when closed]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top