*EMERGENCY* Overdosed Alk (All For Reef) What Should I Do?!?

FortLivingRoom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
166
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, I manually turned on my AFR doser and forgot to shut it off. Emptied the bottle which was probably 40-60mL into a 35g system. I didn’t realize it until just doing an alk test and it came back at 13.3. The thing I’m worried about is they say it takes 24hrs to see the effects of AFR on alk. The dosing began 12hrs ago and was given over about 1-2hrs. There’s also the mag and Ca and whatever else in the AFR I dosed. I don’t want to have a knee jerk reaction and overcompensate.
I have about 10g fresh saltwater mixed up and it’s at 11dkh. It would take me until the morning to make a fresh batch of tropic marin pro reef at around 7.7alk.

Should I just change out the 10g I have on hand? Or wait until the morning to retest?
 
hi ,i would change the ten, recheck in morn. go from there.
 
I use tropic marin which mixes up at 7.7dkh for me then I raise the alk with soda ash to 11. My alk is usually 10-11 and was at 10.1 just prior to the spike. After the spike last night it was 13.3 then 12.6 after 10g water change then this morning I’m at 13.6 right now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top