- Joined
- Oct 11, 2020
- Messages
- 124
- Reaction score
- 442
- Location
- Portland
- What state or country do you live in
- Oregon
Rockscpaing time! Sorry there's so much glare. My lights should arrive today or tomorrow!
So here's what I have so far. I've tested out so many different layouts in an area that I outlined with string. But once I moved my "finished ideas" to the tank, it changed again.
I'm wondering how "full" the tank should look with just rock, and also how high to go. I want a mixed reef, maybe a few SPS in the center in the future or a big toadstool. Wondering if I should bring up the height of the purple rock on the right side.
Angle view because you'll be walking past the tank a lot on this side from the living room to kitchen.
I really like how this left side turned out with the see through and overhang (purple over white rock in the front).
Here's a top down to give you a better idea. you can see a little sandy cove will be on the right side, and a rock island middle/left.
So here's what I have so far. I've tested out so many different layouts in an area that I outlined with string. But once I moved my "finished ideas" to the tank, it changed again.
I'm wondering how "full" the tank should look with just rock, and also how high to go. I want a mixed reef, maybe a few SPS in the center in the future or a big toadstool. Wondering if I should bring up the height of the purple rock on the right side.
Angle view because you'll be walking past the tank a lot on this side from the living room to kitchen.
I really like how this left side turned out with the see through and overhang (purple over white rock in the front).
Here's a top down to give you a better idea. you can see a little sandy cove will be on the right side, and a rock island middle/left.
mine hasn't helped much so far, aside from trying to dig in my sand...

That totally makes sense about the same size/shape/color/food equaling a threat. Now I'm looking at fish trying to imagine how other fish would see it when I think about combining fish that are deemed "with caution" in writing haha.

