Euphylia Near Rock Flower Nems

+1 Frogspawn and hammers won't damage one another; not so with torches which will sting other two in my experience.
 
+1 Frogspawn and hammers won't damage one another; not so with torches which will sting other two in my experience.

That's what I've read. Keeping the torches away from the hammers is what I'm planning.
 
That's what I've read. Keeping the torches away from the hammers is what I'm planning.

So it depends. I have three torches that spend the entire day brushing against frogspawn, no issues. I also have this weird frog spawn/hammer (I call it a frammer) that stings everything it can, but has heads that been damaged and killed by a by a Goni.
 
So it depends. I have three torches that spend the entire day brushing against frogspawn, no issues. I also have this weird frog spawn/hammer (I call it a frammer) that stings everything it can, but has heads that been damaged and killed by a by a Goni.

Weird, and very interesting! Could you share some pics of that?
 
6A1D8319-E3B5-4E85-A250-A0B4C0DAEE03.jpeg
 
The euphyllia to the left of the Pandoras used to be up that wall. It would stick to the torches but nothing terrible would happen. But as that Goni grew from a frag it slowly took them all out. The goni is actually coming out soon, it’s too aggressive. Go figure.
 
Separate. nems do move at will and go into path of feeler/stingers of euphelia.
 
Not quite sure where this post should go, but I'm planning out my coral placement, and I've been on the fence on where to put any euphylia corals I pick up. I was wondering if they could be placed near rock flower nems, or if that would end horribly. I understand these corals are second in aggression and sting power to nems, but I don't know how they would fare near actual nems.
For the future people reading this thread. I have had a bta and frogspawn go head to head and the bta back off retreating it’s tentacles to the touch from the frogspawn. The bta eventually moved on to another area.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top