Ever seen a vicious Mandarin??? Well then here you go

happysalt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
191
Reaction score
102
Location
Toronto, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People think they are cute and dosile. Not when you put two males in the same tank. Taken by me at my LFS...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3055.m4v
    13.2 MB
People think they are cute and dosile. Not when you put two males in the same tank. Taken by me at my LFS...
That is not a vicious fish, just the fault of the reefkeeper. It's call poor comparability research.

Vicious is what I call when my Madarin pair and my Sixline Wrasse pair living together in a 450 gal tank for a 1.5 years, both pairs are doing well and spawned multiple time (the Mandarin). One day the Six line attached. They both acting in concert and peck the eyes of the female Mandarin out. The attack only take a few seconds. After that they just go back to their business, completely ignored the now blinded Mandarin female, not a third wound on her, blinded and started to starve. I euthanized several weeks later. They also completely ignored my male Mandarin at that time also.

This sounds so much like fiction, and I wish it was. It is what I call vicious and evil. Somehow I got them out of my 450 and send them back to the LFS. I contemplated flushing them but I guess I am not as evil as they are.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top