Everything is dying in my tank I need help

Everything looks a bit new. Are you sure stuff isn’t just starving to death due to algaephobia?
I have a few new frags, but I also have a few corals that I’ve had for many months and they all just started to die now. It’s not just the corals that are dying, it’s my livestock too.
 
I have a few new frags, but I also have a few corals that I’ve had for many months and they all just started to die now. It’s not just the corals that are dying, it’s my livestock too.
You got a couple of clowns?
 
When in doubt a good ol' fashioned water change will help. What about your water source? RODI, carbon block or DI resin exhausted?
 
@Reef.Blue I had corals start going downhill and had a die off of fish and one of my fish had ich so it could been that still don't know, but I went through and checked my equipment and there was powerhead in my sump I used to mix water for water changes, and the magnet on the propeller busted and had been leaching metels into my water. So if you are stumped a good thing to do is go through everything in the water column that can contain metal and make sure it looks as if it did once you first bought it.
 
Any idea of how this contaminant could have entered the tank?
Pumps rusting, air sprays are horrible around the tank, your hands, kids, cleaners around the tank, rocks from previous owners, ect.
 
Pumps are all good. I have a plug in scent for the room, could that be it?
I'd unplug it until you can do an ICP test to see if it is heavy metals. Also make sure you rinse your carbon really well before you put it in the tank.
 
Any idea of how this contaminant could have entered the tank?
Nope... Could have been something on your hands if you put them in the tank, aerosols, air freshener plug ins, something in your heating system (assuming you only turned it on recently...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top