Extension cords, Surge Protectors and You

piranhaman00

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
5,023
Reaction score
4,995
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Using extension cords permanently is considered bad practice. How do people implement surge protectors, extension cords, controllers ect in this hobby?

Is using a surge protector at all times considered as bad as using extension cords? Are extension cords safe to use long term? Should controllers be plugged into wall outlets only?
 
I plug my controllers directly into wall sockets (no extensions).
So no surge protector?
Don't know if it is safe or not, but I have always used extension cords if I cannot daisy chain another Apex power strip close to where I need to be able to plug something in.
This is where I am at, thanks for responding.
 
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone.

I have always used extension cords and it seems not possible to have a reef tank without them used in some capacity. I of course run much lower than max watts in each cord/device but I was still curious.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top