Fadi's Reef 180 Gallons sps dominated Tank

I'd love to see your country. I've never seen the desert.

Thanks!
Jordan is not all desert, we have pine forests, mountains, farms, beach and desert, and of course markets and malls, desert is mostly in the less populated southern part.
In the middle part of Jordan we have cold snowy winter ! spring and early summer is the best time to visit !

While Saudi Arabia is it mostly desert !
 
And Finally efflo started to grow :rolleyes::rolleyes:

45805587952_21df5f07d5_b.jpg
 
While I was at airport going back from jordan. I was checking my tank and I saw a dead fish lying at floor. I was sure from the size and shape that it was a wrasse. So I zoomed the camera on tank and started checking all fish. Hopefully my expensive pintail and rose band was there swimming.

The only two fish that I couldn’t see was the six line wrasse and the blue flasher wrasse.

A74676A7-8E41-4937-AAFA-525E210A356A.jpeg



So when I arrived home, it was like suspected, the blue flasher. That was the last flasher wrasse in my tank. All of them jumped out of the tank. Even with the almost tight fit tank cover I have on the tank. So no new flashers will be added to the tank. I never had a long time success with them.
C61B9BE9-A9C8-46CB-9736-3FA6F2B91F38.jpeg

Another fish death :( , this time it is the male coral beauty . he was one of my favorite fish in the tank.
So suddenly I cam home to see this fish bloating and can't swim. I am thinking that he was eating from a clam that was dying due to shipping stress. looks like the clam was bad for him. next day he was dead.


R.I.P
42667126515_f18ae89e1c_b.jpg

Sorry to read bad news about the fish.
My flashers never were a long time success... but I also do not have a cover. Seems that they always find a spot to defy our systems.

New Radion XR15 Pro Added to left side, and rotated the other 2 radions XR30 pros, yes I know I forget to buy the diffuser for this one, I'll buy it on my next order from @MarineDepot

First Photo With Blue light. and another one under white light
IMG_4547.JPG


IMG_4548.JPG

The tank and corals look great.
Is your Loripes in high PAR/high flow?
 
Thanks Jan for your kind words.
The Loripes was in medium - high light with high flow, light was at 200 PAR. Currently it is getting a lot of lights after adding the new XR15 pro and rotating the old xr30 pro lights. current par is 320

Here is a video for the entire thing with par readings

 
I wish I went with XR15's instead of the XR30's.
They would have given better overall coverage.

Those are some serious PAR numbers.
I agree 2 - XR15's will give better coverage than 1 XR30.
Rotating the leds made all the difference, the corals on the fort of the tank were not getting a lot of light. now things looks much better.

Nice video, thank you for sharing. Sorry about the angel, but things are looking great!
Thanks bro !
 
A quick update on our venusta, this fish is adjusting nicely to aquarium life and started to go out to the "mosh pit" more often than before.


exodus_rnrindustries-1-1024x681.jpg
 
I'm starting to like SPS...
You should be! SPS are the best, you should try your luck with something hardy and easy to care for. SPS is not hard as it was few years ago.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top