Fadi's Reef 180 Gallons sps dominated Tank

IMG_0319.JPG

Why am I not surprised your system is still looking amazing!
 
Wishing you and your family nothing but good health and happiness in 2020!

Best-Happy-New-Year-2020-Gif-For-Whatsapp-Instagram.gif
 
Wishing you and your family nothing but good health and happiness in 2020!

Best-Happy-New-Year-2020-Gif-For-Whatsapp-Instagram.gif


Same for you my Friend. May this year bring new happiness, new goals, new achievements and a lot of new inspirations on your life. Wishing you a year fully loaded with happiness.
 
Fadi's 180 Gallon Reef Aquarium 2020 New Year Update

New year new camera, try to watch it on a big full HD TV

Good move with updating the CaRx! No more manual dosing for you. ;)
 
Fadi's 180 Gallon Reef Aquarium 2020 New Year Update

New year new camera, try to watch it on a big full HD TV

As mentioned in my latest video few days ago

I made some updates on the Tank, First I upgraded from the Apex Classic controller to the new controller, and I also got the Trident system combined with Neptune DOS.

I am a calcium reactor however , the old calcium reactor can't keep up anymore with the alkalinity and calcium demand, So I was using the DOS to dose 100 ml of each alkalinity and calcium solutions daily. So finally I upgraded the calcium reactor to Reef Octopus SRO CR3000D.
 
That purple tang...tell me what you observe about them. Swimming patterns, food preferences, behavior with other tank mates?

The purple tang is my all time favorite tang, one of the very few tangs I really like.
It is very aggressive towards other tangs specially Zebrasoma Tangs. Other Tangs in my tank are Blue hippo tang, Blonde Naso and Yellow Tang. no issues with all tangs except with the yellow tang, when I first added it. with time the aggression went away. The purple don't care about other fish in the tank

At first i though that the yellow will be killed by the purple tang, the yellow tang was very small and can hide in rock and caves that the purple can't go into. I have both of them together for more than two years now and they are getting a long.

swimming pattern: all my tangs they are all large size now, swim in open water around the rock work, they are like patrolling around the rocks. they need large open swimming space. it stays most of the time at the mid to lower part of the tank, not like the Naso and Blue hippo that patrol the middle and upper parts.

Food: they eat everything . and love to scarp algae from the rocks and clam shells. aggressive and messy feeder

The most dominant fish is the emperor , second one in my tank is the Purple tang. there are few little fights for dominance between both of them, it ends quickly when the emperor start clicking its jaws and growling.
 
Some Corals Macro Shots

I guess this is an Acropora tortosa

49317876058_7815999aef_h.jpg



Pikachu
49318383661_2518dbc763_h.jpg


Slimeball Anacropora
49318384091_c79d329bd9_h.jpg


Strawberry shortcake acropora
49318386971_fb9a4534e4_h.jpg


New Acropora Frag I recently got
49318596692_29b0e7d19e_h.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top