- Joined
- Sep 12, 2024
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Houston
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Hi everyone!
I recently noticed a fan worm hitchhiker attached to the back of my trochus snail. It’s built a little sand tube, and while I’m happy to have a free fan worm, I’m concerned that if it keeps growing, it might start affecting the snail’s ability to move around and eat.
Has anyone dealt with something similar? Can I safely remove the worm by gently pulling off the sand tube, or is there a better way to handle this without hurting either the snail or the worm?
Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I recently noticed a fan worm hitchhiker attached to the back of my trochus snail. It’s built a little sand tube, and while I’m happy to have a free fan worm, I’m concerned that if it keeps growing, it might start affecting the snail’s ability to move around and eat.
Has anyone dealt with something similar? Can I safely remove the worm by gently pulling off the sand tube, or is there a better way to handle this without hurting either the snail or the worm?
Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

