FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

SCOP? you gotta keep the name next to the coral shots, not everyone has 1000's acros library of names in their heads like you.....

Nice shot btw
Yes sir! Good eye. SCOP… one of the greatest tenuis ever.
 
Gameplan this week was to hopefully finish taking pictures and posting a gadgillion frags on the website and then this weekend, add pumps to the new 200 gallon reservoir and setup the ATO for both the display system and the backup system to pull directly from it. I’m saying goodbye to weekly refills on the old ATO containers! Woohoo!

This will also allow me to separate my Kalk and use a DOS to meter kalk additions throughout the day independent of the topoff for more stability.

Caught the JF Firedragon/WWC Little Red Ferrari with nighttime polyps the other day.
AA31BCB2-AD96-4E83-8BFE-E51AC7E45B35.jpeg
 
Did I miss the picture of the new rockscape? I saw where you were working on it but never saw the new creation. As always your corals are looking amazing.
 
Did I miss the picture of the new rockscape? I saw where you were working on it but never saw the new creation. As always your corals are looking amazing.
Thanks bud! I posted a rock pile I made with the last 30 mins my in-laws were in town. I had thrown the cut colonies on top of it haphazardly and posted. It may stay that way… I’m realizing with large colonies to ‘scape with that it really doesn’t matter too much the form underneath, the colonies will make the form.

I enjoyed this shot of the rack I took this week. Wanted to share!
035AC26A-8A8C-43B7-A360-BA295611D5D8.jpeg
 
Thanks bud! I posted a rock pile I made with the last 30 mins my in-laws were in town. I had thrown the cut colonies on top of it haphazardly and posted. It may stay that way… I’m realizing with large colonies to ‘scape with that it really doesn’t matter too much the form underneath, the colonies will make the form.

I enjoyed this shot of the rack I took this week. Wanted to share!
035AC26A-8A8C-43B7-A360-BA295611D5D8.jpeg
What is that whiteish one with the red polyps, top left?
 
What is that whiteish one with the red polyps, top left?
That’s a growth tip of a Diabolic Pacman. Starts lighter yellow and then yellow color deepens away from the tips.
ED9D9D90-C605-4B21-8FB1-5C26D1367D4D.jpeg
 
Roughly 8 days now still just sitting with cured rocks and 20 mollies in a 100 tub with a heater, maxijet 900, and reefbreeders.
D1F58C73-D16D-4ABF-BD48-BBE2CD61E33C.jpeg
I think this just goes to show Ty can grow corals anywhere.
The Best King GIF by TV Land
 
I've tried talking him into that with my tank, he said no.
Season 4 No GIF by The Office
I'm considering buying his frags, and just leave them to grow with him, and let him show me photos of them once a week....
I think this is a new business model?
 
I'm considering buying his frags, and just leave them to grow with him, and let him show me photos of them once a week....
I think this is a new business model?
It's worth a shot. LOL
 
Peanut gallery is on a roll this week. Some pretty hilarious posts you guys came up with. :D

I’m sure one of these pics might inspire more jokes but I’ll walk into this one knowingly this time.

Bought some silicone finger tips to protect my fingers from bristleworms and sharp snail tubes
E184F28D-41FA-457B-A5C0-3859CA3F5722.jpeg

Sustainably bred urchins from Vossen Aquatics. Just the perfect size to get in between those frags and SPS colonies
8FC067DC-4A6E-40D2-BFE2-0F035885CCE4.jpeg

Got tired of spilling my 200 gal bag of salt every time I needed to mix new salt in the vertical tanks. So I bought a deer feeder insert and placed it on top as a funnel
889C762F-04E7-4C3E-9408-FCA991009CDE.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top