FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Posted in the confetti thread but figured I should post it here too.

Finally got a good shot of the VividAquariums Confetti with my 55mm-200mm zoom lens and a 12mm extension tube. I uploaded the original with a laptop too instead of tapatalk. What a difference just changing those things.

You can now see the green growing edge I couldn't ever show before and the kind of aqua coloration in the deeper portions of the colony.
vividconfetti (1 of 1).jpg
I sooo hate you!!
 
really fantastic corals. I would like to ask you for information .. what kind of lighting do you use in your main tank? which t5 and which led? in your opinion, what is the best LED lighting and t5 for sps?
 
Hat's off to you sir, stunning pics, very impressive. :)
Thanks Najer! I'm still coming back to work on my fish pics one day soon. I haven't forgetten your amazing fish pics and want to try that again soon.
 
Looks good! Are you using the new Orphek LED bars?
Thanks Rakie! That's an ATI T5 fixture with two SBreef actinics bars. I might be going Orphek on my frag tank though... At least their V4 big fixture.
 
really fantastic corals. I would like to ask you for information .. what kind of lighting do you use in your main tank? which t5 and which led? in your opinion, what is the best LED lighting and t5 for sps?
Hey Peppe,

I use an ATI Sunpower fixture with 8 bulbs and 2 SBREEF actinic bars.

SBreef actinics bar
B+
C+
P+
Actinic
GE 6500k
B+
C+
B+
SBreef actinics bar

I'm unsure myself what is the best LED lighting as I've only used cheap Ocean Revive LED fixtures and modified my own custom led diode array but I'm sure you can't go wrong with Radions or Orphek.

T5 and ATI go hand and hand. The best fixture in my opinion. The combo I have above is the perfect compliment of not too blue but still have that LED pop of color. I prefer my color in the 12k to 14k range.
 
Hey Peppe,

I use an ATI Sunpower fixture with 8 bulbs and 2 SBREEF actinic bars.

SBreef actinics bar
B+
C+
P+
Actinic
GE 6500k
B+
C+
B+
SBreef actinics bar

I'm unsure myself what is the best LED lighting as I've only used cheap Ocean Revive LED fixtures and modified my own custom led diode array but I'm sure you can't go wrong with Radions or Orphek.

T5 and ATI go hand and hand. The best fixture in my opinion. The combo I have above is the perfect compliment of not too blue but still have that LED pop of color. I prefer my color in the 12k to 14k range.

Thanks for the reply; what neon is the GE 6500? these 2 led bars that led mount ?? are they dimmable? your tank what size does it have?
 
Hey Peppe,

I use an ATI Sunpower fixture with 8 bulbs and 2 SBREEF actinic bars.

SBreef actinics bar
B+
C+
P+
Actinic
GE 6500k
B+
C+
B+
SBreef actinics bar

I'm unsure myself what is the best LED lighting as I've only used cheap Ocean Revive LED fixtures and modified my own custom led diode array but I'm sure you can't go wrong with Radions or Orphek.

T5 and ATI go hand and hand. The best fixture in my opinion. The combo I have above is the perfect compliment of not too blue but still have that LED pop of color. I prefer my color in the 12k to 14k range.

Exactly, as we have said before corals looking good under "daytime" lights. :)
 
Thanks for the reply; what neon is the GE 6500? these 2 led bars that led mount ?? are they dimmable? your tank what size does it have?
You'll laugh... General Electric 6500k, for office use. They used to sell them at Home Depot but now i have to order then online. Yellow as can be... But helps balance out the blue actinic bars. The actinic bars are dimmable and mount directly to my ATI fixture.

Tank is 215 gallons... 72" x 24" x 29".
 
Exactly, as we have said before corals looking good under "daytime" lights. :)
Bingo! The blue tank fad here in the States drives me a little batty sometimes. Its vendor driven for sure.
 
moreover to have such intense colors you have high levels of po4 and no3?
Phosphate is 0.03 ppm most days, nitrates around 10 ppm. A lot is just stability and maturity of the system. The whole first year after I moved, same parameters, not colors like this.

Now, its starting to blow up with color.

Also, keep in mind, those are top down shots. Those are usually going to be your brightest color shots.
 
You'll laugh... General Electric 6500k, for office use. They used to sell them at Home Depot but now i have to order then online. Yellow as can be... But helps balance out the blue actinic bars. The actinic bars are dimmable and mount directly to my ATI fixture.

Tank is 215 gallons... 72" x 24" x 29".

OK perfect. you can put the link of these bars led? (I was undecided if put bars led orphek or bars led reefbrite xho) ... by a tank 120x60x60 (inches) that combination of t5 and bars led me you recommend?
 
I'm a slacker but I did finally get it done.

It is at a much higher par than I thought. 300-350 par... And that's with two bulbs out from the ballast shorting so only 6 bulbs instead of 8.
DOH...looks like I really gotta move it up!
 
Thanks Rakie! That's an ATI T5 fixture with two SBreef actinics bars. I might be going Orphek on my frag tank though... At least their V4 big fixture.

Oops! The reflection of the round optics on the water made it look like an orphek to me.
 
OK perfect. you can put the link of these bars led? (I was undecided if put bars led orphek or bars led reefbrite xho) ... by a tank 120x60x60 (inches) that combination of t5 and bars led me you recommend?
Here is a link to the bars I have. My one knock is they used an acrylic splash shield and the violet diodes will burn the acrylic eventually so I had to drill holes in the acrylic to let the violet light pass through.
 
Oops! The reflection of the round optics on the water made it look like an orphek to me.
Ahhh yes, sorry, that was from the SBreefbars. I think I'll be going with Orphek over the frag tank eventually... Might wait for the new 4.2 versions to come out.
 
Ahhh yes, sorry, that was from the SBreefbars. I think I'll be going with Orphek over the frag tank eventually... Might wait for the new 4.2 versions to come out.

No problem! I've been really liking the new Orphek light bars. Been looking to see success using them before I can comfortably recommend them to friends.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top