FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

How is the little angel doing?
He is still doing his thing. I put him in a giant Rubbermaid tub with live rock from a tank I bought out and threw food in every day but not sure if he ever ate. I treated him with prazipro and when he didn't show any signs of disease, released him into the main tank. He's swimming around fast and happy though I still never have seen him eat anything I feed. He just picks the rocks and the coral polyps all day so hopefully he's getting something good out of it.
 
Sorry I tried going back and finding out what kind of angel you got and couldn't find anything but sad news about a regal, what kind of angel do you got?
 
It's one page back and he picked up a small emperor angel.

Sorry I tried going back and finding out what kind of angel you got and couldn't find anything but sad news about a regal, what kind of angel do you got?
 
It's one page back and he picked up a small emperor angel.
Thanks bubbaque!

I'm waiting to add a scribbled angel, male Japanese masked angel, and majestic to the mix as well. My LFS is just waiting for when he sees all three available before ordering for me.
 
lol I donno how I missed it but I did lol, I'd like a purple masked angel but there not much info about them, good luck with all yours
 
lol I donno how I missed it but I did lol, I'd like a purple masked angel but there not much info about them, good luck with all yours
Thanks! Those venustus are gorgeous on pictures. I really want to see one in person one day.
 
Such a testing nerd! [emoji25]
2d668f1fae7c48a0d28071ffcf327a49.jpg
fc8b121c60bb1be09b98d889e9e92a42.jpg
Cool!
 
FarmerTY awesome tank! Curious, what brand of bio pellets do you use? I have tried BRS several times and always get a cyano outbreak. Would love to cut back on water changes but need a method to keep nitrates down without the cyano. Thanks.
 
FarmerTY awesome tank! Curious, what brand of bio pellets do you use? I have tried BRS several times and always get a cyano outbreak. Would love to cut back on water changes but need a method to keep nitrates down without the cyano. Thanks.
Thank you! Its still going through the transition of moving but slowly getting there.

I use Ecobak Plus biopellets. Combined with GFO, I typically don't see cyano issues in the long run but occasionally will get some with any major tank changes, such as lighting or major fish population changes. I use red slime remover if it gets out of hand and it typically does not come back after that.
 
Which red slime remover do you use? I have read some can cause real issues with sensitive SPS. Thanks for the reply!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top