FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Love the analogy, lol. Never had an urchin before and was trying to find a good type to get.
Its the only type I get. They stay smaller and devour everything except red turf algae, ulva, and bryopsis. Other than those, when they pass by, you'll just see rock when they are done.
 
My LFS has a Halloween urchin. Ever had any experience with those?
 
More fish pics. These guys are hard to catch!
3ba8408e0161a50f2a70baa0bb889bcb.jpg
67fe9c5ea342afa8e63c64311d0d659c.jpg
 
You always have beautiful fish!
Thanks bud! Its sad to have lost most of my previous stock to velvet during the transition but I'm pretty happy with the new stock that is coming together.
 
Post this on fb and you'll get swarmed for a sunburst lol
I already did and got exactly that! I just copied/pasted the same message, no, none are for sale, and I'm not taking a waitlist. They'll be sold when they'll be sold. Sorry! [emoji4]
 
Got a nice used sump from a local. I'm a realist with my free time and know it'll be a few months before I get it swapped out.

I put it on its side and currently using it as a tank towel holder. I took a look at it the other day and saw it looking back at me. [emoji4]
af0b7c7089444b5af63bf616ea7c3e42.jpg
db3406e35e8c843c159f226ea6c3d201.jpg
e436668ddfb9ffdf4c48a517d279701e.jpg
 
Great looking sump! I'm pretty impressed your wife lets you take so many towels for the tank, lol. My wife would kill me.
 
Great looking sump! I'm pretty impressed your wife lets you take so many towels for the tank, lol. My wife would kill me.
These towels were actually old towels from before we got married and a ton from her parents actually. I'm towel rich and loving life! [emoji23]
 
I wish I could keep a juvi and an adult emperor. Both versions look amazing to me.
Many have done this and with your knowledge it is possible. The following is my two many years ago which where best buds in the tank. The adult I grew from a juvy. What sucked was I lost him for no apparent reason, there was no sickness in the tank, and I did not add anything?
impx2.jpg
 
Got a nice used sump from a local. I'm a realist with my free time and know it'll be a few months before I get it swapped out.

I put it on its side and currently using it as a tank towel holder. I took a look at it the other day and saw it looking back at me. [emoji4]
af0b7c7089444b5af63bf616ea7c3e42.jpg
db3406e35e8c843c159f226ea6c3d201.jpg
e436668ddfb9ffdf4c48a517d279701e.jpg

It's questioning its existence. Wondering why it isn't good enough to be a sump. Why is it relegated to the life of a towel boy. Will it ever see its true purpose realized. Lol :p
 
Many have done this and with your knowledge it is possible. The following is my two many years ago which where best buds in the tank. The adult I grew from a juvy. What sucked was I lost him for no apparent reason, there was no sickness in the tank, and I did not add anything?
impx2.jpg
That's a shame Alton! I at least lost mine to velvet so it was known why. He was my favorite fish for sure. I'm hoping this little guy has just as much personality as the old one. I'd love to keep a juvi and an adult but then I'd end up with 2 adults eventually and my wife has severe reservations anytime I change my fish stock at a whim. She compares them to dogs (we have 2). She's like, if you get tired of Zorro (our smaller one), would you just trade him in for a boxer? So any fish I get has to stay for the long haul. [emoji4]
It's questioning its existence. Wondering why it isn't good enough to be a sump. Why is it relegated to the life of a towel boy. Will it ever see its true purpose realized. Lol :p
In time Mr. Sump. You will realize your potential one day but you must first earn it. Start at the bottom as a towel boy and work you way up. [emoji5]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top