FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Looks great!
 
Loving that rack of corals, hat's off to you. :)
Thanks Najer for following along! There are some of my coveted pieces on there, off the top of my head, Homewrecker, SC Orange Passion, Pink Cadillac, TCK Plutonium Pikachu, RR Pink Floyd, BC Hungs Truly Unbelievable, and RR the Vinh.

I'm super excited to start growing colonies out of them hopefully.
 
Early morning photodump. Have a great weekend everyone. Get on those tank projects! [emoji1]
6e5612296afabeb7d2c33be421e5b5c5.jpg
045eae2ded83816faad3c1d4e3589390.jpg
3b3c946b08a5c4ff1c75aa67bfaecda9.jpg
8c470322bc17614839a6c281151d212a.jpg
df1c66ab77758773e72e4cd541a694ab.jpg
1a20b24176da52b7f40a75c7f9d56298.jpg
35440a125ff0368f49b491628ec7b93c.jpg
69c31173520eb11f824aa45711be6b77.jpg
ba90efdc665e439fc7ae104ec58c30d6.jpg
 
Testing something here. I feel like my pictures uploaded by Tapatalk are lower resolution than the originals.

Here is the tapatalk version.
c3b721f2b12f3bcd59aa1e57cd35517a.jpg
 
And when I use the regular browser to upload. Anybody seeing different quality pics?

IMG_20180118_003643.jpg
 
I think the regular browser one looks sharper to me but my eyes could be playing tricks on me.
 
The frags seem to be taking up a lot of your time. Is that an addiction problem? The sump does make a very modern towel holder. Maybe next year. Nice tank.
 
That is night and day better, worth it me thinks! ;)
I didn't realize it was that much different but I'm only staring at it on a phone screen. Thanks for letting me know! I'll put in the extra work next time!
 
The frags seem to be taking up a lot of your time. Is that an addiction problem? The sump does make a very modern towel holder. Maybe next year. Nice tank.
Oh it definitely keeps me busy but in a fun way. Not lugging buckets of water way but like an adding new toys and checking on their growth and coloration fun kind of way.

Its like a cheating version of a nano... I get to watch the small scale changes and excitement from seeing new branches form on frags versus staring at my display tank and not noticing that a 6" colony with 30 branches sprouted one more branch.

I'll give myself a goal of having that sump in by the time I get that tub back from you. Hopefully you take a long time with it. [emoji23]
 
You planning to put another angel in the tank?
Hey bud,

My angel stocking plans are below:

-emperor
-regal
-flame
-majestic
-scribbled
-Japanese yellowtail male

I have the top four already, emperor in the DT and the other 3 in the frag tank separated by a divider. I'm waiting to ship out the golden butterflyfish I sold already to free back up the QT so I can get the last two angels and QT. Then I'll put all the angels from the frag tank and the QT in at once to minimize fighting.

I need to hurry though because I got the smallest emperor angel ever and wasn't worried about him being territorial at that tiny size so I released him in the DT but he's starting to get big already. I think I got 4 months tops and at that point, he'll be bigger than some of the other angels I'll be introducing and that may be trouble.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top