Hey Ty, did your emperor ever pick on sps, lps or nems? I just bought a tiny, juvenile emperor and was wondering what I just got myself into, lol!
Oh heck yeah. My old one that was 7" would eat parts of my Hawkins echinata colony as a snack every quarter. Its a good thing it grew like a weed in the tank. Most fleshy LPS are toast and you can forget about zoas for the most part... Just like a bag of skittles for most emperors. The small one I have in the tank would pick at all the acros incessantly when first introduced but now a couple months later, hardly picks anymore. They are awesome fish with great personalities if you can forgive their occasional coral snacking ways. SPS dominant usually keeps you out of trouble.
Love the Flame Wrasse! I have the laziest Imperator, he just sits in the corner looking up for a free meal. Like the one before he will be 6" before he makes his change. I am wondering if it is just the African strain that takes that long to change?
Thanks! You find one yet Alton?
Hmmm, I'll not versed in the different characteristics of the emperors depending on region. Heck, I don't even know where mine came from. My old emperor changed at like 4". This tiny guy has already gotten big fast in a short amount of time in the tank. I need to not feed so much! [emoji3]
its gotta be some HD cam that you are not telling us about... a phone CANT do that... lol
Haha, LG V20 phone. I'll do an inception style shot... With someone taking a picture of me videoing the tank for you.., maybe even have someone take the picture of the person taking the picture for a true inception style photo.
Awesome bro! Looks like you feed them good too! Can you tell us how much you feed and how often?
A ton Rev. Pellets 3x/day on an automatic feeder and frozen at night, consisting mysis, PE mysis, bloodworms, rods, LRS, and nori. I'll give a biweekly treat of live blackworms as well.
this tank is great, great quality video too
Thank you! All shot and edited on the phone. Moved houses in March so still ramping back up with this new tank but its finally starting to look a bit presentable now.