FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Does the super male get aggressive with the initial phase one?
The occasional chase but both have been tolerating each other, which is extremely odd. I was ready to rehome too but if they get along, why not have two gorgeous flame males in the tank.
 
Finally got a chance to try to aquascape. Let's call this Version 1.0.


ebaf0bddcd3f4778ea5aa8ebbaf11a4d.jpg
First and foremost, I admire your previous and current aquariums and most of all your unique skills! I will be following a similar methodology as I will be starting a reef aquarium! Second, where did you get those gloves? :)
 
First and foremost, I admire your previous and current aquariums and most of all your unique skills! I will be following a similar methodology as I will be starting a reef aquarium! Second, where did you get those gloves? :)
Thanks Fedeuma! I appreciate you following along. It was funny to see your progress while reading through the build thread over the last couple of days based on your likes along the way. [emoji4]

Gloves:
https://www.marinedepot.com/Coralif...ter_Aquariums-Coralife-ES09505-FIMTPG-vi.html
 
I mean out of the box. They are a little less stinky now but they smelled like straight chemicals. The reviews on them say the same thing and I didn't think it could be as bad they were saying but they might be worse, lol.

The wife got them for me on Christmas and after I opened them she made me put them outside.
 
Last edited:
I mean out of the box. They are a little less stinky now but they smelled like straight chemicals. The reviews on them say the same thing and I didn't think it could be as bad they were saying but they might be worse, lol.

The wife got them for me on Christmas and after I open d them she made me put them outside.
Ahhh, makes sense. I was thinking the whole time you might have a dead chromis in the thumb section. [emoji23]
 
MAN! I've read some build threads before but how can I put it... the inner peace, tranquility, immense knowledge, and your unique methodology left me speechless. The tone of voice throughout the thread was nothing short of magnificent! You revived a somewhat dormant or suspended love for reefing! You give novice/amateurs like myself hope to one day come close to having a beautiful reef aquarium as yours! I read your thread while at work when things got slow. Every time I got busy I will rush to finished the job at hand so I can go back and keep reading! LOL! All I can say is THANK YOU!
 
MAN! I've read some build threads before but how can I put it... the inner peace, tranquility, immense knowledge, and your unique methodology left me speechless. The tone of voice throughout the thread was nothing short of magnificent! You revived a somewhat dormant or suspended love for reefing! You give novice/amateurs like myself hope to one day come close to having a beautiful reef aquarium as yours! I read your thread while at work when things got slow. Every time I got busy I will rush to finished the job at hand so I can go back and keep reading! LOL! All I can say is THANK YOU!

You are too kind and I'm glad to hear you're back to a love affair with reefing again! Thanks for following along!

095d18daa7ac134878385227308dae39.gif
 
Installed a light lift for my ATI fixture to make it much easier to pull it up and out of the way while working in the tank.

Thanks to @Sierra_Bravo for the idea and on top of that, offering to help install it when he came to pick up frags. I say I helped but I just stood there, handed him tools, and viola, 20 mins later it was installed. [emoji54]

I accidentally ordered two but I'm liking it so much that I'm going to install the extra one over my frag tank.
927481ab004be31551405579e9713c05.jpg
b538a3580c3ba6c69a3f5b3f92334e22.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top