FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Nice additions, Ty. When does the second frag tank get installed? :D

Couple ID questions:
  • What's the green monti in the center? Is that an appleberry?
  • Is the Calamity the one on the left or right of the SC OP? (Edit: Nevermind - I think from the close up shot it's on the left)
  • What is that really deep red acro almost out of the picture on the left of the first picture? That's a very nice shade of red.
  • Is there any discernible difference from the Mr. Pacman and Needle in a Haystack?
Looking great as always.
 
Nice additions, Ty. When does the second frag tank get installed? :D

Couple ID questions:
  • What's the green monti in the center? Is that an appleberry?
  • Is the Calamity the one on the left or right of the SC OP? (Edit: Nevermind - I think from the close up shot it's on the left)
  • What is that really deep red acro almost out of the picture on the left of the first picture? That's a very nice shade of red.
  • Is there any discernible difference from the Mr. Pacman and Needle in a Haystack?
Looking great as always.

Don't tempt me sir! I might bait you with frags again to come to Austin and make you install it while I sit around and hand you tools like that light rack. [emoji23]

-Green guy is JF Altered Ego.
-Calamity is the top right one in the picture.
-that's the RCA Baton Rouge, from a LFS in town. Its ridiculous... Blood red color and green when in lower par. My colony is higher up so lighter red with green smooth skin. Very unique.
Under T5s
2f7c6510a268b70f0ab3bb001b343514.jpg

Under LEDs
f97128725b4a001a43503a3ced5501c4.jpg

-never had needle in a haystack but pictures has them looking similar
 
Beautiful... I borrowed some of my sons old bibs to catch my drool this time. Saves from having to change my shirt..
Thanks Nick! If you ever come by, I keep splash guards on the frag tank for this reason so drool away. [emoji14]
 
Awesome sauce!
 
Alright, I did it. Another annoying Colorado Sunburst video... But this time, top down...And bonus treat of my Aussie gold torch in the corner as well.


Am I diving? No, too beautiful to be real. It must be an animation.
 
Alright, I did it. Another annoying Colorado Sunburst video... But this time, top down...And bonus treat of my Aussie gold torch in the corner as well.
Great video, definitely shows off why those nems are in high demand. I vote for full tank video next!
 
Would love to know more about equipment you run under the hood lol
Nothing too crazy. Reef Octopus skimmer, GFO reactor, biopellet reactor, carbon reactor, giant UV, and my Calcium reactor.
 
Great video, definitely shows off why those nems are in high demand. I vote for full tank video next!
You got it! I'll do my best Steven Spielberg impression... Welcome to Jurassic Park... I mean Welcome to FarmerTy's Reef!
 
Doesnt GFO and biopellet Reactor ultimately do the same things?
As far as remove nutrients, yes... But what type... No. Biopellet reactor focuses on nitrate removal though some phosphate is also removed. GFO just removes phosphate.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top