FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Awesome tank! I like seeing these alk testers getting more popular. I think they will be pretty popular in the next 2 years.
Thanks! I think so too! I'll do my best to document the use of it but from the initial setup, I'm thinking this is mostly going to be set it and forget it with just calibrating monthly. I like that... Almost like I have a testing assistant now.
 
Some colony pics as my color is starting to recover very nicely from the 84 TDS top off water debacle a couple months ago.

Unnamed - its hard to see in pics but there are even more colors on this coral than green and red.
6452da5c46d7f8c8fe8beeab00745a1d.jpg

42f07b1c26beb0391a73f0e48356284f.jpg


FT Blue Lemonade -nice shimmery Pearlberry like color on growing tips and has nice blue polyps that are getting bluer again by the day.
0f67ad410e4bc99ad6ad5eac321d860a.jpg


Unnamed - hard to see in pics too but kind of getting a metallic pink/purple color with green polyps (when the angels let it polyp out at least)
d27c7d37c388cc5ca5bdcd637e424dbc.jpg


CR Electric Miyagi - sooo bright!
e51d653aa14849ef2fee5465e5c57710.jpg


AquaSD Rainbow mille - classic... Looks good in any condition
ce58736536f684de7bff891d102d5926.jpg


Vivid Confetti getting a nice pink overall and almost a reddish color on the base
47d11e5efbf91d293d4e82b88d21f832.jpg


FT purple efflo - can't beat the efflo growth form, so unique.. Add to it a purple base and green polyps... Got ourselves a winner!
0492e42d507c2d259444d84fda3a2fe4.jpg


CC Heaven and Hell - often debated piece... As the original vendor pic was crazy... And maybe a hair oversaturated... And everyone has been trying to chase that look since. I don't think its attainable but what it is currently is still pretty nice to me. Better if my angels would allow the polyps to dance in the current but that might have to wait until it gets larger and has more branches to keep those angels at bay.
c45003c8af0abf3280878154609486f8.jpg
 
Beautiful pics, Ty. I have yet to see a confetti resemble their original pic. Most seem to be that pink and white. Maybe as it gets larger it will. Mine never gets the chance to grow, as I have fish constantly knocking off what new branches start to grow.
 
Last edited:
Beautiful pics, Ty. I have yet to see a confetti resemble their original pic. Most seem to be that pink and white. Maybe as it gets larger and larger it will. Mine never gets the chance to grow, as I have fish constantly knocking off what new branches start to grow.
Thanks bud, I'm still learning. I really do need to start playing with Lightroom as I know picture quality is super degraded by the time I export to my phone and post. What I see uploaded via Tapatalk is nowhere near what I have on the camera originally. I'll work on that.

Yes, mine is mostly pink, white, red, and a touch of green in the inner branches. Not close to the original pics sent out by Vivid but they also use much bluer lighting than me so I'm not out to compare apples to apples.

I plan to run Radions over my frag tank in the near future and will run one side much bluer to cook all those blue acros that are all the rage now. I'd be curious if a frag of the confetti on that bluer side will look like the Vivid pictures.
 
The alkatronic is measuring accurately but your alkalinity is dropping O_o

I would've started my knee jerk panic moves by now haha

Btw, tank as always is stunning, i need to make a trip to Austin soon ;)
 
The alkatronic is measuring accurately but your alkalinity is dropping O_o

I would've started my knee jerk panic moves by now haha

Btw, tank as always is stunning, i need to make a trip to Austin soon ;)

Haha, now you're freaking me out! [emoji23] Turn up that calcium reactor! Dose! Ahhhhh!

Thanks! Where are you at? Welcome to come on by whenever in town.
 
Haha, now you're freaking me out! [emoji23] Turn up that calcium reactor! Dose! Ahhhhh!

Thanks! Where are you at? Welcome to come on by whenever in town.
This is Stratos from MARSH :) I've followed your thread here for a while but never happened to comment.

I've always wanted to see your beautiful tank, maybe one day soon I'll be able to make it there to say hi.
 
This is Stratos from MARSH :) I've followed your thread here for a while but never happened to comment.

I've always wanted to see your beautiful tank, maybe one day soon I'll be able to make it there to say hi.
Oh hey Stratos! The man with the awesome 3d-printed stuff! I love your inventive ideas for this hobby! Keep churning them out!

In the meantime, I'll up my alk tonight so we can both sleep. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Come see me whenever you're in town. I'll be happy to give you a tour.
 
More pics, mostly frags.

OG Strawberry Shortcake
90a5653f46fb63c077cb14c5eedbaa5d.jpg


Z's Blue Floyd
e4c31f8cf8e15cc47b161e47ce7fbb55.jpg


Z's Blueberry Wine
25b8deb84ef6ea2ec36fba3a9df76a02.jpg


Jason Fox Firedragon
46b81a3f1692c663388dac60ecfaf008.jpg


ORA Pearlberry
ef6f6e6fe650223a1609d65c3f08e427.jpg


SunnyX Sunset Mille
b84e10db421d90a5ca1cae51f0309b4a.jpg


Red and orange phase CSB
4dea0b3e50e3398a0234459c05f1c115.jpg


RCA Baton Rouge
27ec299c93319da02d6997e3b62a462f.jpg


Atlantic Aquarium Chameleon
8cb5af7fcc7f222597f64698874cdba9.jpg
 
Love the hashtag, lol. Those pics did blow my mind! What is that big yellow one in the second pic?
Thanks bud! I can't take credit, stole it from a friends post on Facebook that didn't have anything to do with reefs.

You'll laugh based on our side conversation about blue pics not being representative of the actual coral sometimes. That's a Tyree pink lemonade. [emoji23][emoji23]
 
Thanks bud! I can't take credit, stole it from a friends post on Facebook that didn't have anything to do with reefs.

You'll laugh based on our side conversation about blue pics not being representative of the actual coral sometimes. That's a Tyree pink lemonade. [emoji23][emoji23]
It looks like it now that you said what it was. I was thinking it was the pink floyd.
 
It looks like it now that you said what it was. I was thinking it was the pink floyd.
I got a pink Floyd but I placed it in a spot I thought for sure the anemone could not reach... Then the anemone grew to 11 inches... So... It got burned pretty badly and is back in the frag tank to recover. [emoji37] That and my RMF Red Devil Nasuta
 

I guess the fish like the daytime. :)
Pure art.
Thanks NYCaveman!

Next time I'll Photoshop the fish in the actinic shot so it doesn't look so creepy deserted when comparing to the normal light shot. [emoji16]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top