FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Keep us posted on the results!
I contacted them for the price quote but then I have another idea...guess what? I thought what if I customise the whole bar with different wavelength of blues. I know that they can do that so I asked if its possible for them or not in this case. Waiting for their answer. If yes then I will have 4x380nm, 4x410nm, 4x420nm, 4x430nm, 2x440nm in each of those two bars instead of just 14 x 410nm and 4x 430nm.
 
I contacted them for the price quote but then I have another idea...guess what? I thought what if I customise the whole bar with different wavelength of blues. I know that they can do that so I asked if its possible for them or not in this case. Waiting for their answer. If yes then I will have 4x380nm, 4x410nm, 4x420nm, 4x430nm, 2x440nm in each of those two bars instead of just 14 x 410nm and 4x 430nm.
Awesome! How did you come to the conclusion of your final diode selection?
 
Awesome! How did you come to the conclusion of your final diode selection?
I chose the diodes based on v4 model but excluded the 460 range as my t5 and hydra can supplement that. I want everything in that low blue and uv range but more evenly spreaded.
 
I chose the diodes based on v4 model but excluded the 460 range as my t5 and hydra can supplement that. I want everything in that low blue and uv range but more evenly spreaded.
Ahhh, nice! Good thinking!
 
Hi @FarmerTy - amazing tank and videos. I've spent the last week making my way from the beginning to page 88 and what a journey! I have two questions I was wondering if you could answer:

1. You've talked about glueing frags/colonies multiple times. I was wondering how you go about this with your reef. I have a much smaller reef than you, but I still struggle with mounting frags/colonies because I'm not able to pull the live rock out of the tank. What's your go to method for underwater adhesion?

2. I have this coral in my tank and it's growing wonderfully, but I have no idea what it's called. Do you know the ID for this one?
img_20180418_163855-jpg.724842
 
Hi @FarmerTy - amazing tank and videos. I've spent the last week making my way from the beginning to page 88 and what a journey! I have two questions I was wondering if you could answer:

1. You've talked about glueing frags/colonies multiple times. I was wondering how you go about this with your reef. I have a much smaller reef than you, but I still struggle with mounting frags/colonies because I'm not able to pull the live rock out of the tank. What's your go to method for underwater adhesion?

2. I have this coral in my tank and it's growing wonderfully, but I have no idea what it's called. Do you know the ID for this one?
img_20180418_163855-jpg.724842
First off, congratulations on making it through the build thread. Your prize is in the mail for completing this arduous task. ;)

1) I live by the sandwich method. Cut the stalk of the frag plug off via bone cutters or other method. Dab some superglue on the bottom of the disc, then add ball of 2-part epoxy, then another dab of superglue on the epoxy, and then smash it into the rock and hold it there for 10 secs... longer if a big frag or if frag is at an angle.

2) That acro is the WWC Blue Limeade. It has a very pearly appearance in person and is definitely an eye catcher when fully happy and shining its best colors.

Thanks for following along!
 
Pink branching cyphastrea dicadea - I could see this being a centerpiece of the tank as a massive colony
pinkdicadea (1 of 1).jpg

ORA Bellini - this one will be graduating to the display soon. It captures my eyes every time in the frag tank. Too bad those pretty polyps will disappear with all those pesky angels I have!
orabellini (1 of 1).jpg
 
First off, congratulations on making it through the build thread. Your prize is in the mail for completing this arduous task. ;)

Haha it was definitely a time commitment!

1) I live by the sandwich method. Cut the stalk of the frag plug off via bone cutters or other method. Dab some superglue on the bottom of the disc, then add ball of 2-part epoxy, then another dab of superglue on the epoxy, and then smash it into the rock and hold it there for 10 secs... longer if a big frag or if frag is at an angle.

2) That acro is the WWC Blue Limeade. It has a very pearly appearance in person and is definitely an eye catcher when fully happy and shining its best colors.

Thanks for following along!

WWC Blue Limeade - thanks! And the sandwich method sounds legit. Is there an epoxy and superglue combo you'd recommend? I haven't found a 2-party epoxy that has worked great yet.
 
Haha it was definitely a time commitment!



WWC Blue Limeade - thanks! And the sandwich method sounds legit. Is there an epoxy and superglue combo you'd recommend? I haven't found a 2-party epoxy that has worked great yet.
I bet it was! It definitely is on the writing side of it. [emoji13]

No problem. I use Aquastik putty and BRS superglue gel but any should work mostly.
 
Who needs polyps... Get you some Bubba! [emoji48]

I'll have to get an updated picture of my fish. I rehashed an old one.
I tried twice to have an angel. Once I seen my polyps disappear I almost cried :(. I wanted so bad for the emperor angel to work out and I told myself that I could deal with the no polyps but once it happened, I realized I couldn't.
 
I tried twice to have an angel. Once I seen my polyps disappear I almost cried :(. I wanted so bad for the emperor angel to work out and I told myself that I could deal with the no polyps but once it happened, I realized I couldn't.

I'm with you. I'm in the process of setting up a new tank, and a regal was at the top of my fish list, but I think I've talked myself out of it. Maybe one day I'll do a fish only.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top