FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Is there a pic of the Baton rouge colony in here somewhere?
Probably! It isn't much of a looker at the par I have it though. I was hoping either accelerated growth or even more amazing colors at the higher par but neither were true. I was only reminded of how gorgeous it was when my frags of it in my frag tank at lower par started looking amazing.

Latest one I took at super high par. Its nice but apparently not as exciting than if in lower par.
ceca1d0ced72d8049cf73a309306137a.jpg
 
Definitely need a frag if that Baton Rouge!
It came from River City Aquatics Joe. He lost his colony so Gigem and I have the only real colonies of it that I know of. I sold a frag a week ago and there's one other person in Austin that has it. Its a gem! I need to move the colony down!
 
It came from River City Aquatics Joe. He lost his colony so Gigem and I have the only real colonies of it that I know of. I sold a frag a week ago and there's one other person in Austin that has it. Its a gem! I need to move the colony down!

So let's change that number from 1 in Austin to 2. Or you can consider me dripping springs and keep the exclusivity ;)
 
So let's change that number from 1 in Austin to 2. Or you can consider me dripping springs and keep the exclusivity ;)
You are a very logical and astute man. I cannot deny the logic. [emoji23]
 
Higher PAR seems to just make it darker. I agree the frags look amazing! If you need to spread the love, keep College Station in mind ;)
 
Higher PAR seems to just make it darker. I agree the frags look amazing! If you need to spread the love, keep College Station in mind ;)
Yeah, it's just not as vibrant and bright!

I'll let you and Bpb fight it out! [emoji12]
 
Hey farmer ty thank you for introducing me to Stratos from Printed3d.parts

He is awesome and I love everything I have gotten from him
Awesome Justin! He was like my local secret for printed goodies but happy to share the wealth!
 
It came from River City Aquatics Joe. He lost his colony so Gigem and I have the only real colonies of it that I know of. I sold a frag a week ago and there's one other person in Austin that has it. Its a gem! I need to move the colony down!

Didn't RCA close down?
 
Didn't RCA close down?
Hey Travis, no. They are still open. You might be thinking of Niko's Reef or Just Reef... Both stores shut down last year in Austin... But they were also the two newest stores to open in the area.
 
I'm coming to Austin next weekend, you're welcome to get me a goody bag ready lol
Hey Travis, no. They are still open. You might be thinking of Niko's Reef or Just Reef... Both stores shut down last year in Austin... But they were also the two newest stores to open in the area.

Ya I had been to Just Reef on the south side when living and going to school in San Marcos. RCA was always a little further so I always went to the dome and AAF. I'll be in Austin next weekend if you would like to get me a goody bag ready :)))
 
I'm coming to Austin next weekend, you're welcome to get me a goody bag ready lol


Ya I had been to Just Reef on the south side when living and going to school in San Marcos. RCA was always a little further so I always went to the dome and AAF. I'll be in Austin next weekend if you would like to get me a goody bag ready :)))
I'll get you a high roller pack together. Just bring the title to your car and leave the keys. Free bus pass home with every high roller pack! [emoji12]
 
Haha I'll make sure to bring a loaner. Do you order a lot of your stuff?
No sir. All home grown and what I've collected for myself over the 14 years of reefing. I'm not a coral flipper. [emoji23][emoji23]

I find gems at my LFSs and grow them out. I buy frags from other hobbyists and vendors as well.
 
Ty, I've got a frag of one of the maricultures I got that I think you will like. Pearly white base growing out to a deep purple...reminds me a bit of a pearlberry without the greenish hues. Trade for the Baton Rouge? ;)
 
Ty, I've got a frag of one of the maricultures I got that I think you will like. Pearly white base growing out to a deep purple...reminds me a bit of a pearlberry without the greenish hues. Trade for the Baton Rouge? ;)
Sounds like an a. plana. I've always liked their contrasting colors!

The Baton Rouge is pricey! Price set by RCA since my colony was grown from a frag he gave me as backup in case his colony died. And well, his did die. [emoji17]
 
Sounds like an a. plana. I've always liked their contrasting colors!

The Baton Rouge is pricey! Price set by RCA since my colony was grown from a frag he gave me as backup in case his colony died. And well, his did die. [emoji17]

I’m sure we can work something out on one :D
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top