FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

I started working on wiring my Kamoer auto water changer. Don’t mind the wiring mess… I’ll organize it once I finalize the setup but this location I felt worked best. Allows me to pump from the garage behind that wall where the new saltwater is and access to where I can pump it down the drain in the frag tank below to feed into the central sump for the display and two frag tanks.

The waste water will be pumped into my skimmer reservoir which is programmed to automatically empty into my sink across the room.

I’m excited to try it out. The Kamoer app is pretty swanky. Much better than some of the individual apps we’ve seen in this hobby… cough Ecotech… cough cough.
E7A6F9EC-89AC-4F2A-9EF3-07E2D085B5C8.jpeg
D9CAB2B7-3DFC-470B-AAD9-78C437EF4DF1.jpeg

E38B3D78-5032-4CD6-9A1D-80478561EFAC.png
3414731A-D07E-4621-AEA0-60AE72BE6775.png
0CE34B02-6C19-4747-A89D-82ED3380DE93.png
Sweet looking interface and a pretty darn good flow rate for a peri pump. Interesting. Over the years, I have gotten my WC process fairly refined -- but only I know how it really works. It is just a combo of pumps and valves, nothing special; but it can happen quick in 15-20 mins per system.

Kamoer has had a solid hardware reputation. Do you think the X2SR is in keeping with that history?
 
Sweet looking interface and a pretty darn good flow rate for a peri pump. Interesting. Over the years, I have gotten my WC process fairly refined -- but only I know how it really works. It is just a combo of pumps and valves, nothing special; but it can happen quick in 15-20 mins per system.

Kamoer has had a solid hardware reputation. Do you think the X2SR is in keeping with that history?
The peri pumps are a good size. It can change 100 gallons in 7 hrs when I last calculated. Pretty impressive.

My process is cumbersome to me with hoses everywhere but I can usually complete it around 25-30 mins total for both systems. The longest part is draining the old water but that’s because I am cheap and didn’t buy a faster pump… just an old Mag3 I have around the fish room. Haha.

Hardware is amazing to me. Almost akin to the peristaltic pumps I used to use in the field as a environmental scientist. Pump shell is solid metal. Ports are all aligned on one side. I’m impressed… especially when you compare it to other brands like the Apex DOS which is all cheap plastic.
 
The peri pumps are a good size. It can change 100 gallons in 7 hrs when I last calculated. Pretty impressive.

My process is cumbersome to me with hoses everywhere but I can usually complete it around 25-30 mins total for both systems. The longest part is draining the old water but that’s because I am cheap and didn’t buy a faster pump… just an old Mag3 I have around the fish room. Haha.

Hardware is amazing to me. Almost akin to the peristaltic pumps I used to use in the field as a environmental scientist. Pump shell is solid metal. Ports are all aligned on one side. I’m impressed… especially when you compare it to other brands like the Apex DOS which is all cheap plastic.
Mag3?!?!?!?! Surely you jest.

I can't read the label anymore, but I extract/refill with a 18 or 24 Mag, not sure. For refill on the display (up one floor from basement) I use a pond pump.

Please don't ignite me on APEX hardware. I have to keep spares of everything. If it were not for Fusion...
 
Mag3?!?!?!?! Surely you jest.

I can't read the label anymore, but I extract/refill with a 18 or 24 Mag, not sure. For refill on the display (up one floor from basement) I use a pond pump.

Please don't ignite me on APEX hardware. I have to keep spares of everything. If it were not for Fusion...
I wish I was as rich as you with a Mag 18.

I literally keep spares of everything too. :D
 
Holy Apex! I found out why my sensors haven’t been working for my ATO. And also realized now my DOS wasn’t dosing sodium nitrate for a bit.

Had to do a full reset without any of the modules plugged in and then plugged them back in 1 by 1 to get it to reconnect. Back in business!
003C104F-82CA-4CF5-A0F6-5F934DE9D1AD.png
 
Oh, and here’s proof my camera didn’t break. Just in case… :p
CAA67B75-283C-4C36-BE27-FBB6BB84ACCD.jpeg
I don’t see a newspaper with current date in this picture. I think it’s an old picture. Camera is definitely swimming with the fishes. We need valid proof of life.

it’s a beautiful picture.
 
Was a tad busy yesterday. Happy to report all boxes are in their destination areas as of this morning! Go forth my little babies! Thank goodness for UPS.

Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

8A4B6C15-9F76-47E6-9AD6-A223DE9F1F79.jpeg
Sweet. I have had good luck with UPS so far (knock on wood). They have been more reliable than my orders that come via Southwest lol. Speaking of that. I have an order coming Southwest today, but luckily the flight is on time and is looking to land at 9:30am. Now to sneak out of work and go pick it up.
 
Sweet. I have had good luck with UPS so far (knock on wood). They have been more reliable than my orders that come via Southwest lol. Speaking of that. I have an order coming Southwest today, but luckily the flight is on time and is looking to land at 9:30am. Now to sneak out of work and go pick it up.
SW was a mess last week. But besides the winter storms, I loved having that option to send and receive the same day with SW! I hope your box of goodies is awesome!
 
SW was a mess last week. But besides the winter storms, I loved having that option to send and receive the same day with SW! I hope your box of goodies is awesome!
Me too lol. It has a wrasse I have been wanting for a long time, 2 xxl mags and some other random crap lol.
 
Me too lol. It has a wrasse I have been wanting for a long time, 2 xxl mags and some other random crap lol.
Nice! You should follow my buddies thread @gig 'em if you’re a fan of gigs and mags. He’sa resident expert and has a super rare red gig!
 
Problem Nissan GIF

Alright, somehow I lucked out with no kids today as the grandparents decided to have mercy on us and take them. So… what to do? Detritus settling on my tiles in the frag tanks have been bugging me lately so I plan to siphon it out and lay eggcrate under the tiles.
9B4825AD-3A6F-4623-9BEF-8D9536F1630F.jpeg
5466FAC7-0CD2-4499-BEC9-D1A0CC5D7ED8.jpeg
 
Won't you get detritus to settle between the egg crate squares?
Yes, but rather there then on my colony tiles. They racks will make it easy to lift all the colonies at once and vacuum under it is the hope.
 
One of the best things I ever did for my tank was setting up auto water changes. It really has proven to be the one thing I've done that has resulted in the largest gain in stability yet.
 
One of the best things I ever did for my tank was setting up auto water changes. It really has proven to be the one thing I've done that has resulted in the largest gain in stability yet.
That’s great to hear! I am currently enjoying about 4 gallons/day auto water change in the mornings. Gives me about 20% water change every two weeks.

What’s your set water change percentage per day? Curious what others do.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top