FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Welp… got one tank done. I got distracted with other tasks throughout the day.
E8AC33D6-BAF8-4305-9E82-F046A512482A.jpeg
E8B435BC-1428-4FA4-8322-ABDE1D3CC6EE.jpeg
 
Hey there! You have a great collection of angels. How long have you had them for and I would especially like to know the sizes for the large ones that aren’t Genicanthus. I know the Regal and Majestic tend to stay on the smaller side and are slow growers but curious how big are yours.
 
LOL you need a truck! One with a big back seat ;)

38369E22-635B-40A2-AEB9-A09DCADD285A.jpeg
65A7B05F-11E1-410B-AF87-0972277D23CA.jpeg
That’s some serious carrying capacity. You might have a problem sir. And this is coming from somebody with a problem so I’d be an expert at spotting it in others.
 
If you’re wondering if that face is on purpose, then you don’t really know me that well yet. :D

I’m like doing a mad rush to get everything I wanted to get done before I get the kids back in an hour.
9AAEB44D-DC01-48AF-98F3-531EFD744C8B.jpeg
 
That’s some serious carrying capacity. You might have a problem sir. And this is coming from somebody with a problem so I’d be an expert at spotting it in others.
788A34A9-0735-49D1-8B69-9B21FBC5057D.jpeg

the problem is I have to move what’s currently in the shack into here at some point :oops:
 
788A34A9-0735-49D1-8B69-9B21FBC5057D.jpeg

the problem is I have to move what’s currently in the shack into here at some point :oops:
maybe I should really redo my already-finished basement....look at all that wall space for tanks!!!

Also, were those upper outlets designed for light fixtures? awesome.
 
Last edited:
Hey there! You have a great collection of angels. How long have you had them for and I would especially like to know the sizes for the large ones that aren’t Genicanthus. I know the Regal and Majestic tend to stay on the smaller side and are slow growers but curious how big are yours.
Hi Zionas,

Thank you! I do love my angels. I think most of the angels I’ve had about close to 3-5 years now.

They’re all about 5” now except the majestic… it’s about 6”.
 
Nice! Do you expect any of your fish to outgrow the tank? Angels are my favorites too, I would definitely have them as my first choice for a centerpiece / multiple centerpieces. In fact, my plan for my own setup once I get it is a pair of Yellow Belly Regals (now captive breeding by Bali Aquarich).

Majestics are beautiful as well, but my concern is they get large. I see you have. Foxface too, do you think it’ll get too large for your current 6-foot tank?
 
Nice! Do you expect any of your fish to outgrow the tank? Angels are my favorites too, I would definitely have them as my first choice for a centerpiece / multiple centerpieces. In fact, my plan for my own setup once I get it is a pair of Yellow Belly Regals (now captive breeding by Bali Aquarich).

Majestics are beautiful as well, but my concern is they get large. I see you have. Foxface too, do you think it’ll get too large for your current 6-foot tank?
I don’t expect any other than my blonde naso and one day in the distant future, the majestic. Regals are still one of my faves. Foxface is just algae control resident. He’ll probably get rehomed once he gets too big.
 
Well, since I posted I bought the 200gal vertical water storage tank until now… I’ve been filling it with RO/DI water. The system is a 150 gpd unit but with unusual below freezing temps, it’s taking longer than usual. Like watching water boil in Antarctica. Sigh…

The action has slowed down a bit since the kids are back. I did get two tanks swapped in my backup system. Moved my frags from a higher up system to a lower system for easier viewing and photos. I moved the colonies to the higher tank for occasional health checks and fragging.
F2450291-E74C-427D-A487-910600E9FB72.jpeg

The top left was swapped to the bottom right so now I can stare dow into my frags.
D3D45D3B-3124-4E96-914F-888A23F9DFB0.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 610B52AF-D2D2-4574-BA44-291425B108BC.jpeg
    610B52AF-D2D2-4574-BA44-291425B108BC.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 55
Very nice, looks like a ton of work, and I gotta complain because I had to zoom in to see the nems.
Well, since I posted I bought the 200gal vertical water storage tank until now… I’ve been filling it with RO/DI water. The system is a 150 gpd unit but with unusual below freezing temps, it’s taking longer than usual. Like watching water boil in Antarctica. Sigh…

The action has slowed down a bit since the kids are back. I did get two tanks swapped in my backup system. Moved my frags from a higher up system to a lower system for easier viewing and photos. I moved the colonies to the higher tank for occasional health checks and fragging.
F2450291-E74C-427D-A487-910600E9FB72.jpeg

The top left was swapped to the bottom right so now I can stare dow into my frags.
D3D45D3B-3124-4E96-914F-888A23F9DFB0.jpeg
 
Goni is still a little angry but at least its open it doesn’t help when you ato dumps a gallon of ro in there
I typically try to put them in lower par and lower flow in those situations. I will say they are temperamental at times. I wish I had a magic answer for you.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top