Favorite HOB Skimmer for BioCube 28

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2017
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
2,407
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I'm thinking since I'm going to be venturing into the world of SPS, i'm going to eventually be putting on a small"ish" HOB skimmer. In the past I had the Aqua C Remora Pro on a 50 gallon tank and loved it. It's low profile enough that it would work in this tank.

Is anyone using anything else in the realm of HOB's that they love? I also like the fact that everything in the Aqua C is internal, so that would help prevent any overflows, leaks, etc.

Thanks!
 
Had good sucess with the aquamaxx hob1 on my biocube. It and the cube went to a friend when i updated. He had a ramora and said the hob1 blew it away as far as function.
 
It looks like the HOB1 got decent reviews, but the HOB1.5 is getting REALLY GREAT reviews. Something I'll definitely look into!

Anyone else?
 
I’ve got a Aquamaxx WS1 in chamber 2 of my biocube. I removed the lid for a Radion light so there were no height issues putting it in chamber 2. I had a Hydor slimskim and the Aquamaxx blows its doors off. I would think the Hob version would be just as good.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top