Favorite Symbiotic Relationship in the reef?

Always thought the pistol/goby was cool so got a pair the other day (Saturday) at the not so LFS. After acclimating I cupped them and placed them in a hole together, lights out. I’ve seen “Walter” the goby a couple brief moments and have yet to see the shrimp. Will they eventually show themselves? I’ve been leaving food at his door step.
 
I have a YWG and a tiger pistol shrimp pair myself, and it took almost 2-3 weeks before I started to see them come out of their burrow. They now are out all the time! I'm sure they will start coming out for feedings soon.
 
I have a YWG and a tiger pistol shrimp pair myself, and it took almost 2-3 weeks before I started to see them come out of their burrow. They now are out all the time! I'm sure they will start coming out for feedings soon.
Hope so. First goby I’ve had and he’s a little feller. But he ate good at the LFS. Just patience I suppose they are a shy bunch I guess
 
IMG_1743.JPG
My clown and nems

Those are really awesome looking nems.
 
Always thought the pistol/goby was cool so got a pair the other day (Saturday) at the not so LFS. After acclimating I cupped them and placed them in a hole together, lights out. I’ve seen “Walter” the goby a couple brief moments and have yet to see the shrimp. Will they eventually show themselves? I’ve been leaving food at his door step.

When I added my yellow watchman and bellus pistol they spent a year at the back of the tank where I couldn't see them at all. I had no idea the goby was still alive but could hear the pistol cracking his claws at night. Then miraculously I looked in the tank and they had made a home near the front glass, where they stayed for a few months before moving to the other side of the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top