Feather duster growing in middle of torch?

CoastieFlo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
128
Reaction score
160
Location
Monterey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discovered this during dipping....should I try and remove it?

20220204_174058.jpg 20220204_174043.jpg
 
Looks like coming out it's mouth.
Could the dip have irritated it and its its guts/ mesenterial filaments aka guts coming out possibly ?
I'm not 100% on this but if I was you I would be looking this up

Good luck with finding it out
 
Looks like coming out it's mouth.
Could the dip have irritated it and its its guts/ mesenterial filaments aka guts coming out possibly ?
I'm not 100% on this but if I was you I would be looking this up

Good luck with finding it out
Haha, it's some kind of duster definitely not the torches guts...dunno if it would affect health if the coral...if it's friendly I'll keep it
 
Ummm googled it and another similar thread and someone said barnacle and now I think of it yours possibly could be as barnacles got fan like tentacles
 

Another barnacle looking thing in a torch, quite a few on google.

Does yours come in and out and have a filter feeding fan like attachment ?
I'm guessing so as you mention duster
 

Another barnacle looking thing in a torch, quite a few on google.

Does yours come in and out and have a filter feeding fan like attachment ?
I'm guessing so as you mention duster
Yup it swoops out and goes back in like a fan
 
Goodluck whatever you decide ,and if decide remove with tweezers ,hopefully dont damage the torch ,all the best ^_^

On a side note,nature's brilliant and diverse and will live anywhere ,that's brilliant protection for the creature and probably snag some food that the torch catches the sneaky bugger ha ha
 
Goodluck whatever you decide ,and if decide remove with tweezers ,hopefully dont damage the torch ,all the best ^_^

On a side note,nature's brilliant and diverse and will live anywhere ,that's brilliant protection for the creature and probably snag some food that the torch catches the sneaky bugger ha ha
Good point, I've decided to keep it there for now, no need to panic unless it's showing signs of stress
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top