Feeding a maxima clam and corkscrew gorgonias!

Hmmmm. I'm not sure about the light either. That is the pain of clam qt, but at least you can put the light close to the water for maximum power unlike a display many times.

I look for obvious things like snails, but what I really look for is either new shell growth, or since they are the only thing in there, is for the alk to drop. Generally speaking of the alk drops they are growing and healthy - that of course depends on if there is enough light too. I just use my old display water from a waterchange for the qt.

Can your friend cover it at all so the wrasse can't pick on it for a while so you can watch it closely? Have they had it a while?

yeah! sounds good!

he has it in his sump for now!
 
I would personally spot feed my clam, but in the tank. I would just use a turkey baster and blast him with DTs (phyto) and same with the corkscrew, maybe adding in some baby brine like I do for my blueberry gorg. Then whatever floats away they can just filter out of the water (:
Blasting a clam with anything is a sure way to kill it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top