Feeding garden slugs to fish and corals?

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
58
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvested some spinach from my community garden plot today and also found a few garden slugs. I wondered if any of my tank inhabitants would like them, so I cut up a couple little pieces of the slugs and fed them to my duncan and acan (my clownfish and hermit crabs didn't seem to like them). I don't use pesticides or anything like that in my garden. Anyone know if feeding slugs to corals/fish would be bad for them? If so I won't feed them that again. What do y'all think?
 
I harvested some spinach from my community garden plot today and also found a few garden slugs. I wondered if any of my tank inhabitants would like them, so I cut up a couple little pieces of the slugs and fed them to my duncan and acan (my clownfish and hermit crabs didn't seem to like them). I don't use pesticides or anything like that in my garden. Anyone know if feeding slugs to corals/fish would be bad for them? If so I won't feed them that again. What do y'all think?
Fits into the broad category of "it's probably fine, but why on earth risk it?"
 
Fits into the broad category of "it's probably fine, but why on earth risk it?"
This has been my kind of thought on these kinds of things. I understand the temptation, but considering the risk to benefits ratio, I'd say "Nope."
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top