Female wrasse - growth on gill

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Fishie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
178
Reaction score
54
Location
Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have 4 wrasse in QT, all have been eating and behaving quite ok, with the exception of one female which was having a hard time swimming and hasn’t eaten anything... it looked like a spinal related injury at first and may still be.

It hasn’t eaten and is usually up by the surface and has limited strength to do much of anything

Today I added prazi to clear out any possible internal parasites and noticed this mark on the Gill of the female... what is this ?

00aa31426b263c156bd2748c9ea38bef.heic
9de25b20542ac3e2cebfa3a69e0b9d1a.heic
6e2c21d1970d5631bedee6abd65126a7.heic
 
Sounds like a spinal injury to me; which is becoming more & more common with fairy & flasher wrasses.

@Fishie Can you post a video showing the erratic swimming behavior??
 
Sounds like a spinal injury to me; which is becoming more & more common with fairy & flasher wrasses.

@Fishie Can you post a video showing the erratic swimming behavior??

It wasn’t doing well at all , so I moved it to an alternate smaller 10g with less flow and put in meth blue Incase that was ammonia burn.

I don’t think it will make it- but if it starts swimming I will get a video
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top