I did dispatch the old shrimp and treated the cat. To make myself feel better, I bought some easy coral that I can keep track of. A slimer, bleached birdnest, stag that I chopped the RTN off of, and two millis. Been noticing I need to pay some attention to the tank now, I can see diatoms coming. I'm one of the guys that keeps a "scorched earth policy" in the tank. I like clean and sterile, not algae all over to wait it out. Must be the farmer in me, if I didn't plant it, I don't want it growing. I've only done water changes and a hint of phosphate rx to keep in the groove. Been about a month and a half since wet. Still waiting for my deltec 400 skimmer though. I almost have the patience of Jobe, but being tested on that for sure. All in all, rolling along. Cheers for now.