FINALLY! How to tell fireworms apart from bristleworms!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eienna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
5,758
Reaction score
549
Location
Eddyville, KY, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but in the video he states "these are Bristle Worms harmless to handle" I know for a fact they ARE NOT harmless! They too hurt like he$$ when their bristle are left in your skin.
 
FWIW, if anybody ever gets stung by one of these, soaking the affected area in vinegar will dissolve the spines and eventually make the pain go away.
 
Hi, thanks for the vid! How does one get ride of these fire worms or bristle worms? Please PM me thanks :)
 
Why get rid of Bristle Worms? Hands down they are one of the best part of our clean up crew! They stir up the sand bed, keep our rock clean, eat excess foods and dispose of any dead livestock.
Control of their numbers is easily obtained by keeping your feedings light.
 
Ive got a monster fire worm that I have in a cubicle that ive been feeding lol. This guy destroys krill! ill post pics when I take them 2mrw.
 
I'm sorry but in the video he states "these are Bristle Worms harmless to handle" I know for a fact they ARE NOT harmless! They too hurt like he$$ when their bristle are left in your skin.

I (thoughtlessly) handled a few when I was removing them from my rockwork. The only thing I was left with was a very mild irritation that only lasted a couple of hours. Maybe you're sensitive to them?
 
well I think I seen a fireworm and I really want it out. it wasn't pinkish black it was all pink almost red.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top